Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R9000 parental controls?

LVJ22
Follower

Nighthawk R9000 parental controls?

Hello!

I need a bit of guidance as I have not been able to set up Circle or Genie on my Nighthawk R9000.  I called customer support and they were not helpful at all.  I told them that the R9000 was not on the list of routers that are integrated with Circle and they said that it was? They told me to confirm with the Circle customer support and then transferred me to them.  Once I was on the line to speak to someone on Circle the automated answer sent me back to Netgear customer support.  Time is valuable and I am going in circles.

I have been following the manual's instructions and it tells me to install Genie which once I do, it tells me the router is no longer supported and to install the Nighthawk app, which I have and there is no menu for parental controls on my Note 9 android phone. 

I need to understand what are my true options for parental controls with this router as I have invested money and time into configuring.  Can someone please provide some guidance?

Thank you,

LVJ22

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
andrew-hartnett
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk R9000 parental controls?

I am having the same issue.

Message 2 of 3
Jerseydave
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk R9000 parental controls?

Clearly Netgear has no respect for their customers and only cares about taking out money.  Sad display of corporate greed at it's finest.  All parental controls are gone, which I can get with a cheap router.  Good Bye Netgear, you suck!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7