Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 Circle go give error

cyto
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R8000 Circle go give error

Nighthawk X6 R8000 

Firmware Version
V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

I enabled Circle and set up circles just fine.  After using for a month or so I am trying the premium and want to use Circle Go to manage my son's Android phone.

Installing Circle Manager and Circle Home allowed me to go to "Enable Circle Go" setup.... But I get an error.

"Could not activate new device"

Error Code 422.3

There was a problem enabling Cicle Go on this device due to WiFi connectivity with your network.  Reconnect to your WiFi router and try again.

I restarted the router.   I disconnected and reconnected the device.  I dissabled mobile data and checked to be sure the internet was still working - it was.  Circle controls were working as well... I could not navigate to a restricted site and got the Circle redirect page.  

I tried setting it up on my Galaxy S7 which has been successfully managing the Circle using the Circle Home app for the last month+.  I got the same error message.  

I tried connecting to the circle in Circle Home and navigating to the Circle Go menu item.  It gives "There was a problem connecting to the Circle Go ADM server.  Please try again later.  

This turned out to be true for both devices.  

So I tried restarting the phone.  

No change.

I downloaded both apps from the Google App Store on 9/4.  MyCircle version 1.2  

Android version 8.0.0 and 6.0

MyCircle works in child/client mode - I see the MyCircle page with the Circle identified and tiles for "your Time Online", Bedtime, etc. But no Circle Go

So... reset router, reset both devices, turn off cell data, test connection..... No luck.  I am out of ideas at this point.   

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
cyto
Aspirant

additional information - probably the same cause:

On all 3 devices I have tried it on (just added a Galaxy J7 to the mix), the MyCircle app shows the correct device name, shows details of Your Time Online with correct data.  But the "your bedtime countdown" says "no bedtime is set for your profile" even though a bedtime is set and the router seems to be enforcing it - returning DNS errors for web pages in the browser.  

Your Time Limits tile is also blank, even though time limits are set up.  

So the app seems to be half connected to the router and half not connected.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
cyto
Aspirant

additional information - probably the same cause:

On all 3 devices I have tried it on (just added a Galaxy J7 to the mix), the MyCircle app shows the correct device name, shows details of Your Time Online with correct data.  But the "your bedtime countdown" says "no bedtime is set for your profile" even though a bedtime is set and the router seems to be enforcing it - returning DNS errors for web pages in the browser.  

Your Time Limits tile is also blank, even though time limits are set up.  

So the app seems to be half connected to the router and half not connected.

Message 2 of 3
cyto
Aspirant

OK, I have found the problem

I came back a day later and navigating to the Activate Go menu item in Circle Manager I was given a google pay prompt.  Apparently the service was down or not working properly with the app for a while.  

After going through a payment prompt, the rest of the setup worked.

It still acted a bit disjointed... bedtime didn't show up for a couple of hours, other features didn't work per normal...   

When bedtime came, the devices just displayed DNS errors instead of the Disney Go page.  

Anyway, it seems to be solved now.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7