Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi/Circle and Apple TV

drdoz
Apprentice

Orbi/Circle and Apple TV

When I have Circle enabled, my Apple TV becomes unusable. Almost none of the apps work (netflix, bbc, even the app store). I have the device marked as "unmanaged," and yet Circle is still apparently screwing with its connections. 

I also use Layer3 cable-over-internet TV and this also seems to have problems with Circle. Why isn't "unmanaged" really "unmanaged?"

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
drdoz
Apprentice

Re: Orbi/Circle and Apple TV

Thanks for the reply. Both issues are resolved. After several restarts of both devices, Circle finally stopped managing the Apple TV. I found that the layer3 device actually had 2 connections (one cryptically named) and I needed to unmanage both.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @drdoz,

Welcome to the community!

1. Are the same services (Netflix, BBC, App Store) functioning on another unmanaged device?

2. Have you tried setting a filter level (Adult) for the Apple TV and check if the issue will persist?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
drdoz
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. Both issues are resolved. After several restarts of both devices, Circle finally stopped managing the Apple TV. I found that the layer3 device actually had 2 connections (one cryptically named) and I needed to unmanage both.
Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @drdoz,

Thank you for the update and confirmation. Glad to know you got it working.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7