Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Disney Circle stopped working. wants me to subscribe again

Bruticusmaximus
Aspirant

Orbi Disney Circle stopped working. wants me to subscribe again

Got my Orbi in April of 2019.  I tried out Disney Circle and it worked great.  When the free trial expired, I renewed for a year on May 11th.  When I tried it on August 15th, it stopped working. When I go into Circle, it wants me to setup a new Circle account.  I don't see anywhere in Circle to just login.  I don't see a login for Circle anywhere for a PC.  Disney Circle support says "Go ask Netgear".  And .... my 90 day Netgear warrany expired just a few weeks ago.  Do you have to buy the Netgear warranty too to get Circle to work?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Disney Circle stopped working. wants me to subscribe again

You might get reach more capable forum members on the Circle forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@Bruticusmaximus wrote:

.......  I don't see anywhere in Circle to just login.  ......

Please start a new setup then ask to send a code and click on that you're the only admin so the code will be sent to you. Once you get the code and enter it in Circle app, Circle should retreive your old setup.

Please note also that in the Circle app, under "Manage" you can make a backup so that you can retreive your backed up setup at any time later. It's a nice function that you should comsider.

Message 3 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bruticusmaximus, as ekhalil suggested, just continue with the new setup and put in your passcode.

Dexter

Message 4 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bruticusmaximus, were you able to sort this out?

Dexter

Message 5 of 13
Bruticusmaximus
Aspirant

no, I haven't been able to fix it.  I guess Netgear only supports Circle for 90 days.  I can buy support for $200 a year though.  It would be cheaper for me to buy a new router. LOL

Message 6 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@Bruticusmaximus wrote:

no, I haven't been able to fix it.  I guess Netgear only supports Circle for 90 days.  I can buy support for $200 a year though.  It would be cheaper for me to buy a new router. LOL

@Bruticusmaximus Have you tried the suggestion above?

Message 7 of 13
Bruticusmaximus
Aspirant

I got the code but, I can't see where to enter it in the circle app

Message 8 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bruticusmaximus, you can follow the steps on the link below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000053861/How-do-I-set-up-Circle-with-Disney-on-my-Orbi-router

During the process, you will be prompted to enter your passcode. Let me know how that goes.

Dexter

Message 9 of 13
Bruticusmaximus
Aspirant

https://kb.netgear.com/000053861/How-do-I-set-up-Circle-with-Disney-on-my-Orbi-router

This is where I'm stuck. I go through the setup and that's it.  I'm back to the free version.  I paid for a year of the premium.  That's what I'm trying to get back.  I don't want to pay $49 again.

Message 10 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bruticusmaximus, thanks for the update. Please check the link below on how to restore your subscription. Let us know how that goes.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003327512-My-Circle-on-NETGEAR-Premium-Features-...

Dexter

Message 11 of 13
Bruticusmaximus
Aspirant

Router is up to date.  There is no "Restore Purchase"  so I followed the next step "tap to start your subscription." That's where I am now.  It wants me to pay again.

Message 12 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bruticusmaximus, I've sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7