Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Parental Controls: set a schedule for unfiltered time

TyrionL
Apprentice

Orbi Parental Controls: set a schedule for unfiltered time

I have an Orbi RBR50.  I just purchased parental controls. Not Circle parental control but the Netgear parental control feature from the Orbi app. For a child profile, I have youtube.com filtered so my kid can't use it.  I would like to enable access to youtube from 3-4pm daily.  How do I do that?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Parental Controls: set a schedule for unfiltered time

Oh, my.  The last time I checked Netgear had not set up a community forum for their new Parental Controls product.

Maybe the mechanism is similar to Disney Circle?

You might try posting in the Circle forum anyway: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle 

Message 2 of 17
TyrionL
Apprentice

Netgear told me I have to downgrade my router firmware, so that I get access to Circle and then apparently my problems will be fixed. This sounds absurd.

Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW are you using? 

Message 4 of 17
TyrionL
Apprentice

I'm currently on the latest, 2.7.2.104.  I was advised to drop down to 2.7.0.70

Message 5 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya Circle isn't on v104. I don't think Circle was on v70 as well. Someone reported v4 stil has Circle. Either try that version or v16. 

Message 6 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Just loaded v40 FW on my RBR and parental controls are available:

ParentalControlsv40.png

Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 9 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 10 of 17
TyrionL
Apprentice

Thank you all for your answers.   At this point, I'm confused.  I have Parental Controls activated via my iOS Orbi app.  But I don't see any type of parental controls features on my v104 router web page.

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.26.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.27.01 AM.png

On my iOS app, I don't see any way to schedule unfiltered time.

What are my options?

Message 11 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

For v104 Parental controls are under the Basic Tab now:

ParentalControlsv104.png

Message 12 of 17
TyrionL
Apprentice

As you can see from my screenshot, I don't have Parental Controls on my Basic screen.Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.26.39 AM.png

Message 13 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

No, please use the Choose File button on your post responses, this will allow us to download the screen shot. It takes long time for moderators to approve inline pictures. 

You can review this and follow the trail I did to see where PC came in or is available:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Missing-parental-controls-on-firmwar...

You might go back to v40, check to see if it's there under Advanced Tab/Security, Then I would apply v102. I believe this is where NG moved PC from Advanced Tab/Security to under Basic Tab. When you get v102 loaded, be sure to select the "Upgrade to NG SPC" button seen in my screen capture. I did select this an the RBR rebooted. From there v104 should be auto Upgrade ALL appled and PC should still remain under the Basic tab. 

Message 14 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello TyrionL,

May you refer to the article below to set up time limits within NETGEAR smart parental controls:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062395/How-do-I-set-up-the-Time-Limits-feature-in-NETGEAR-Smart-Parental-C...

Regards,

Christian 

Message 15 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Your picture as approved. Ya PC is not seeing under Basic tab. 
I'd go back and apply either v40 or v102, factory reset and PC should be seeing. Then graduate to v104. 

@TyrionL wrote:

As you can see from my screenshot, I don't have Parental Controls on my Basic screen.Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.26.39 AM.png

Message 16 of 17
TyrionL
Apprentice

Hi @Christian_R   Does the time limit feature support this:

• M,T,Th, Fr:  1 hour for *.roblox.com
  • W: 2 hours for *.roblox.com
  • Sa, Su: 3 hours for *.roblox.com

Is something like the above schedule possible? 

Looking at the Time Limits panel, I only see options for all weekdays and weekends.  There doesn't seem to be a way to customize it beyond that. 

Is there some way to specify access to Roblox (a massively popular online game) that my kid plays on a Windows PC?  I see there are Categories and "Online Games" is one of them.  But I have no idea if Roblox will be filtered.  Any ideas?

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7