Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[Orbi RBK-50] Does the "Videos" category include "Amazon Prime Video" as well ?

rampi
Guide

[Orbi RBK-50] Does the "Videos" category include "Amazon Prime Video" as well ?

I am using Disney Circle 1st Gen app on my iphone 7.

And I have ORBI RBK-50 (firmware v2.3.5.30).

When I set a time limit for the smart TV for the "Videos" category - will it that category include Amazon Prime Videos as well.

It seems to include Youtube and Netfix. But wanted to know if it covers Amazon Prime Video as well.

Essentially my goal is that between "YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Primie Video", usage time should not exceed the time limit set.

Thanks,

Rampi

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: [Orbi RBK-50] Does the "Videos" category include "Amazon Prime Video" as well ?

Hi @rampi, welcome to the community! If that platform is not being included in the filter then you may refer to the link below.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026371372-Adding-and-Filtering-Additional-Platfo...

Dexter

Message 2 of 4
rampi
Guide

Re: [Orbi RBK-50] Does the "Videos" category include "Amazon Prime Video" as wel

Thanks Dexter.

I was more interested in knowing whether "Amazon Prime Videos" will get automatically monitored under the built in  "Videos" category.

Today that "Videos" category seems to be monitoring only YouTube and Netflix.

The objective being if I set a time limit of 45min for the Videos category, it should apply to Amazon Prime as well, today it seems to apply to only YouTube and Netflix.

Right now I have set Amazon Prime platform as "Not Allowed", because it was allowing Amazon Prime to be watched even after the time limit set for the Videos category. So, I am kind of fine with this :-), but just wanted to know if the query asked above is possible.

Cheers,
Rampi

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: [Orbi RBK-50] Does the "Videos" category include "Amazon Prime Video" as well ?

Hi @rampi, ideally, it should be since it is a streaming service. This can be best answered by the Circle support team since this is already a part of how they handle the categorization in the backend. You can reach them on their support channels on the link below.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026372892-Contact-Circle-Support

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7