Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 dropping internet 3 times a day, prob due to Circle?

fdwweebb
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 dropping internet 3 times a day, prob due to Circle?

I bought my RBR50 and RBS50 it worked well.  However a few weeks ago I noticed it started to drop internet a few times a day while the whole family was working from home or home schooling.  The sympton is just completely no internet and then back on in 1-2 min, it is not just wireless even my PC with LAN cable connected to RBR50 were dropped from internet.  I have a Synology NAS, I can see from the log roughly 3 times EVERY 24hours.  This was annoy because it interrupts conference calls on Skype and kids' zoom class...

Netgear technical support suggested me to change "Domain Name Server (DNS) Address" to 8.8.8.8 but I couldn't change it.  I was told that that's because I used Circle parental control.  (and It started exactly a few weeks ago).

So I tried to disable Circle 4 days ago...  and all the problems gone in last 4 days since then.  My NAS never reported disconnection even in midnight.  It sounds to me it is the Circle and DNS caused the problem?

I want to use Circle.  I am wondering whether my problem can be resolved if I change the "Domain Name Server (DNS) Address" to 8.8.8.8 first then re-enable Circle again?

I will try that.  If anyone had the same problem or know the solution, please kindly let me know here.  Thank you.

Original post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-dropping-internet-3-times-a-day-prob-due-to-Circle/...

@FURRYe38 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7