Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 no parental controls

ajneuman
Star

I just appeared for me 2 days ago and I checked last week so, it must be slowly rolling out. I'm rather impressed with the software. I had the Google Nest mesh system before and I liked their parental controls however, this system is more feature rich and it is easy to use. The only thing that I don't care of is that I can't easily identify and rename devices connected to my system. Like most parental controls you can create profiles of users and there is a default "home" profile as well so, you can either pause the wifi for a single user or for the entire home. Along with that, they allow you create an "Always On" list of devices for IoT devices like security systems, cameras, thermostats that won't be included when you pause the entire home. The software also includes other parental controls like age dependent content filtering, device management, Time limits, usage and history tracking and a site manager to block/allow specific websites. 

Message 26 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 27 of 28
nkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

WOW netgear ! Your sales page slams parental control on RBK853 seris one year subscription as a bundle to add it to cart on discount lol. Kidding me? Just went out and bought RBK853 and couldn't locate parental control in the orbi app and i find this out. No way through all the advertising and lies I would have known that you don't offer parental controls yet WOW lol, good job I guess. I have 2 month return window for holiday. This product is going right back to the shelf if there is no parental control launched in that window. I absolutely love the performance but the fact that you straight up sell it it online and even offer parental control subscriptiono through the sales flow on your page online on rbk853 series its a joke its not even available wow just wow lol. For 1k it almost feels like you guys know you dropped the ball on parental control but selling it like the product offers it. You guys should be offering a year of free for the straight up lie you tell online lol. Really really frustrated with false marketing tricks here. 

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7