Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi iPhone App update broke Disney Circle 1st

ORBIisJUNK
Aspirant

Orbi iPhone App update broke Disney Circle 1st

Hi Gurus,

I updated the Orbi App on 1/21 on my iPhone. Since the update, my Disney Circle has stopped working. It seems Netgear is pushing its own parental controls through their App instead of Disney Circle. When I open Circle on my phone, it says the router is "Compatible" but when I try to enable it, after logging into my router's admin account, It says "Something Went Wrong. Please try again to enable Circle.". This keeps happening and it is not moving forward. I hope I do not lose my settings and data in Circle.

Has anyone faced this? How do I fix this?

Thanks,

CAH

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Chuckg1
Star

Re: Orbi iPhone App update broke Disney Circle 1st

The Netgear version is plain awful.  I regret quitting Circle and even doing the trial as there's no going back. The SPC rarely works more than 2 days and the only way to  bring it back is to do to  a lengthy factory reset, reinstall et redo the setup from scratch, for an other 48 hours of parental control.  Huge ripoff 

Message 2 of 5
ORBIisJUNK
Aspirant

Thank you @Chuckg1 for your response!

Are you talking about the Router factory reset? And you mean setting up the router from scratch? I agree with you on Netgear App version. In fact, I have same opinion about their all versions. Their hardware is very good but the software part is equally terrible.

Thanks,

CAH

Message 3 of 5
ORBIisJUNK
Aspirant

Hi All,

Has anyone expereienced this and have solution? I dont think factory reset is an option. It is way too much time consuming and factory reset shouldnt be a solution to all problems. 

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

CAH

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
Chuckg1
Star

Only solution I found online was to backup settings, do soft factory reset of Orbi router, uninstall app, reinstall settings in router, reinstall app, reenable SPC, rebuild all the profiles and rules. That takes more than an hour and gives me at best 48-72 hours of functioning SPC before it fails again. I have a case open to see if there's a better solution. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7