Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi internet hang

adil_s
Tutor

Orbi internet hang

Got Orbi AC3000 RBR50 a few days ago. The internet connection stops every few hours. I have disabled circle and it’s not dropping anymore. I got the router for parental controls primarily. If this is not fixed am returning and going to Google Nest Router.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

@adil_s wrote:
Got Orbi AC3000 RBR50 a few days ago. The internet connection stops every few hours. I have disabled circle and it’s not dropping anymore. I got the router for parental controls primarily. If this is not fixed am returning and going to Google Nest Router.

What firmware are you on? 

What modem are you connecting to? 

you say the internet stops. be more specific. Is it giving you a notice, connected but no internet, is the wireless disconnecting, what exactly is happening? 

If you just got it, it probably did a bunch of updates if you're on the newest firmware. Try factory reset and re-installing. Some of those firmware updates were quite significant and a reset can help

Message 2 of 11
adil_s
Tutor

I am on the latest firmware 2.5.1.8

its connected to fios fiber 1gb. I have had this with my older Linksys for close to 5 years and NEVER had a problem. 

the symptom is everything is connected to WiFi - Just that it seems internet is blocked. Apps, website, etc just wait for traffic to flow. This has happened a few times now. Since yesterday I have disabled the circle parental control and it has been stable. 

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

2.5.1.8 has been known to have issues. you could also try downgrading and disabling auto updates temporarily. 

Message 4 of 11
lawnmowerman
Guide

@plemans wrote:

2.5.1.8 has been known to have issues. you could also try downgrading and disabling auto updates temporarily. 

Is there a recommended version that works well with Circle?

Message 5 of 11
PSUHammer
Luminary

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing and am also on the latest firmware.  I am not going to downgrade firmware just yet but may wait for a hotfix.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 11
plemans
Guru

@lawnmowerman wrote:

@plemans wrote:

Is there a recommended version that works well with Circle?

I would just try going down 1 version. 

Message 7 of 11
adil_s
Tutor

I think this is a bug. I have kept the circle feature disabled and the router/satellite has been rock solid. I am waiting for a patch to check if it's fixed. I am not going to downgrade at this stage. Can someone pass this defect to the devs?

Message 8 of 11
adil_s
Tutor

Can you please share this defect with the firmware developers?

Message 9 of 11
wwolaniuk
Aspirant

having same problem with internet resetting.  Had similar issue with google nest, but also had many more issue with Apple products not working with google nest! I don't recommend moving to the google nest! 

I switched of Circle and armor and seems to be more stable!

Message 10 of 11
adil_s
Tutor

Agree. I am going to stick with netgear as I really like the WiFi connectivity and hope for a bug fix. I have kept both Circle and Armor disabled as well. Connection has been solid for last 2-3 weeks.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7