Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental Controls | Not Working | Circle with Disney Go App discontinued

sljgallegos07
Follower

Parental Controls | Not Working | Circle with Disney Go App discontinued

As of April, Circle with Disney was discontinuing their Circle Go App that could work with our Netgear Nighthawk R8000 router remotely (https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024755712-Notice-Regarding-Circle-Go-Availabilit...).  I therefore canceled the Circle Go App and was attempting to turn on the Standard Parental Controls within the router settings, which prompted me to install the Genie App.  When installing the Genie App, the installation stated that Genie no longer supports the Parental Controls feature for Netgear, and that it's now within the Nighthawk App.  When I open up my Nighthawk App on my Android phone, the app shows that Parental Controls = Off.  If I click on the tile, there's a prompt to "Enable Circle".  As I stated above, the option to remotely manage devices appears to have been discontinued, so I need assistance in resolving Parental Controls on our Nighthawk.

Thank you,

Stephanie Gallegos

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental Controls | Not Working | Circle with Disney Go App discontinued

Hi Stephanie, welcome to the community! The announcement from Circle indicates "If you are already a Circle Go customer, the supporting services will continue to operate as normal. Only potential new customers will be affected by this change." As for enabling LPC (Live Parental Controls), you can use the desktop version of the app to configure and manage the settings. You can download it here.

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7