Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls Take away Access Control

mlmanjoney
Initiate

Parental Controls Take away Access Control

I subscribe to parental control to limit my teens after hours usage of the internet.  Of course being resourceful tech saavy teens... they know they can change the MAC address on their computers to bypass the parental controls.

However Access Control on the router is not accessible on the app - so when I hardline in to change it so unknown devices cannot access the internet it tells me to use the app.  So I looked through the forums and found if I factory reset the router then I can turn on Access Controls.  I went through that reset and turned on Access Controls.  

Now if I turn parental controls back on, will I lose the access controls again?  This is kind of a glaring problem... I can either set up the parental lock outs (which I am paying for...) that the kids can bypass on their whims... or I can just make it so unknown devices can't connect.  Kind of defeats the purpose.  

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Parental Controls Take away Access Control

NG is moving away from access controls in the web UI to using the Nighthawk or Orbi app for controlling and using access controls. 

Message 2 of 3
mlmanjoney
Initiate

Re: Parental Controls Take away Access Control

Is there an ETA?  Because nothing is showing up in the Orbi app about blocking new device access

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7