Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental Controls on ORBI RBR850

ologearhead
Tutor

Parental Controls on ORBI RBR850

Is there an update when the top of the line ORBI RBR850 will have Parental Controls?

Message 1 of 11
jsgoecke
Initiate

It is absurd you pay a premium for this product, with a key reason being the use of Circle, only to find out it does not work. And Netgear is silent on it.

This is false advertising, as right on the Circle site from Netgear it clearly states 'Orbi Wifi Systems' and does not make a model distinction like the others. We should be getting updates on this, as this isn't a return, but a potential class action lawsuit.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.21.22 AM.png

Message 2 of 11
Jmauser33
Tutor

All I need to know is that they will release the functionality while my kids are still kids. Their silence is frustrating.  I'm pissed and feeling litigous, tell me where to sign up.

Message 3 of 11
Dicast
Initiate

I am growing frustrated by the lack of parental controls as well. I've been using the RBR850 since April 2020 hoping it would get an update that would bring it up to standard netgear offerings. For a top of the line product I can't believe I don't have access to parental controls!

Message 4 of 11
Jmauser33
Tutor

I ended up returning the router. Eero came out with WiFi 6 on the eero 6pro, and it’s nearly as fast, works with circle, and is 100x easier to manage. Unless you like to spend time on network settings.
Message 5 of 11

Add me to the list of users looking for Circle app to be natively supported on an Orbi Router RBR850.   I would think a $700 product like this would have parental controls.

Message 6 of 11
ulud
Guide

I also purchased these "flagship" Orbi RBR850 and I have SCREENSHOTS of the parental controls in both the app installed on my phone and the product spec pages on Netgear's site.  Those features magically disappeared a few months after I purchased the item and I still have no parental controls.

I'm feeling LETIGIOUS!  Time for a class action IMHO. 

My original post along with images that show their questionable advertising.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Orbi-RBR852-Parental-Controls/m-p/19...

Message 7 of 11
doug0312
Guide

does the eero 6pro control PC's connected via Ethernet?  both my kids use Ethernet-connected gaming PCs for distance learning and my hope was to be able to use Circle to manage their gaming time.  thanks in advance for the help!

Message 8 of 11
dmelideo
Initiate

Yes it does. One of teh Eero's is your primary by being connected directly to the modem, therefore all network traffic thru teh Eero system can be controlled. If your childrens connection is directly to teh modem, thus bypassing Eero, then they will have free access to the outside world.

Message 9 of 11
Thador
Guide

I don't know how NG can afford all of us returning our routers.....parental controls are listed all over the place and then you get home and its "certain models".  What crap.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

PC is on the way and is forth coming to the 7 series first I believe, then 8 series:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Parental-Controls-missing-on-RBR850/...

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 41 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7