Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 using Disney Circle - unable to remove 'Disney Go' defunct device

jmenear
Follower

R8000 using Disney Circle - unable to remove 'Disney Go' defunct device

Hi,

I have a device on an R8000 that was previously entitled with a Disney Go subscription.  The device was destroyed and I'd like to remove it from the Circle app that I use to manage Circle on the Netgear.

When I attempt to remove the device from the app on the page for the device, clicking "Remove Device from Circle", I get the error:

"Remove Device? This device has Circle Go enabled.  Please remote it from your Circle Go device list before removing it from your Circle."  I no longer have a subscription for the device so I can't do this.  Since the device no longer exists I'm not able to remove it from the device itself.  Is there a way to manually do so?

Message 1 of 6
Jamesm34
Aspirant

Re: R8000 using Disney Circle - unable to remove 'Disney Go' defunct device

Same problem here if you can come up with some advice.  Thanks 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jmenear and @Jamesm34, welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 3 of 6
Networker25
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Sold my old iPhone after factory resetting it but it still shows on Circle and when I try to remove it I get the message: "This device has Circle Go enabled. Please remove it from your Circle Go device list before removing it from your Circle".

How am I supposed to remove this device from the so-called Circle Go Device List? Since I don't have a Circle Go subscription anymore, I would really like to remove all my devices from such a list, provide I can access it. Please help.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 4 of 6
Jamesm34
Aspirant

After not much help from Netgear, I just deleted everything and started from scratch.  Then I dumped the 1st generation after it didnt work as well and upgraded to gen2

Message 5 of 6
Networker25
Aspirant

Thank you, @Jamesm34 . I followed your suggestion and reset Circle, which erased all profile data. Also disabled Circle on the Netgear router and restarted it. Then started from scratch, i.e. enabling Circle on the router, reinstalling the Circle app on my phone, and re-created the Circle account and profiles. But surprise, surprise!!! after a few minutes the "go" tag appeared next to the devices that were originally go-enabled.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7