Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 with Circle

Circleuser
Aspirant

R8000 with Circle

I use Circle Home app for parental controls with my router R8000.  The internet speed is drastically reduced when I use Circle.  My internet speed without circle is 300+ MBPS.  but with cirle it goes down to less than 100 MBPS.  Any workarround or updates from Disney/Netgear to solve this issue?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R8000 with Circle

Hi @Circleuser, welcome to the community! We recommend updating to the latest firmware found here and do a factory reset as described here. Also, does the issue persist on all your devices (wired and wireless)? Do you have any QoS features enabled as well?

Dexter

Message 2 of 9
Circleuser
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the firmware is the latest.  The QOS is not enabled.  But if  I disable Circle and restart the router I get 300 + MBPS speed.

Message 3 of 9
Circleuser
Aspirant

Yes, the slow down is there on both WiFi and Ethernet connections.  Max speed I experienced with circle enabled is around 100 mbps.

Message 4 of 9
Circleuser
Aspirant

Factory reset is done as well.  No change in speed.

Message 5 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Circleuser, thanks for responding. I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 6 of 9
Codemonkey42
Tutor

I’m experiencing the same issue. 400Mbps drops to 100Mbps with Circle enabled
Message 7 of 9
Circleuser
Aspirant

Disney Circle by default caping the speed at 100 mbps.  This is their disclaimer, due to the wirless protocol they use.  It's bit strange why they are not finding a workaround for this yet.

Message 8 of 9
Circleuser
Aspirant

No, there is no solution to this yet.  Please work with disney circle and remove the speed caping at 100 mbps.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7