Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 doesn't support Circle?!?!?!?!

jcg23
Follower

RBK853 doesn't support Circle?!?!?!?!

What a sham! 

I just dropped $1K on the RBK853 to replace our older RBK50 system which wasn't standing up to multiple kids schooling and adults working from home, only to find out after installing that it didn't support a core feature of previous products needed by families.  WTF Netgear!?!?!?!  Are you kidding me? Millions of kids are at home due to the pandemic and your flagship product doesn't provide parential controls where your 3+ year old models do? Hopefully the person responsbile for that decision has been let go; if they haven't, they need to be else they will continue to poison your products.

I've opend a ticket with support and they can't tell you anything other then "RBK853 doesn't support Circle yet". Now reading this forum it's quite obvious this is not a priority for Netgear else it would have been added over the last 8 MONTHS.

Sure, you can say buyer beware and I should have done more research before buying, but this is the FLAGSHIP product. It would be like finding out a BMW 7 series doesn't have latch connections for carseats. It looks like I'll be using the RBK853 only over the holidays and returning it for something that works with Circle.

I seriously can't even believe I'm having to write this...

Message 1 of 8
rr20552
Apprentice

Re: RBK853 doesn't support Circle?!?!?!?!

Totally agree having just invested £700 upgrading my RBR50.

Disgraceful that their flagship product does not support parental controls.

Message 2 of 8

Add me to the list of users looking for Circle app to be natively supported on an Orbi Router RBR850.   I would think a $700 product like this would have parental controls.

Message 3 of 8
TrueCodePoet
Aspirant

Just got 1 main and 3 satalites to replace my older nighthawk..  wow..  $1,500 and can't even do waht the cheaper systems can...I think I am packing mine up and sending back to Amazon.  If you can't support Circle then I am done!.  Lame!

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 8
DaLynch1
Aspirant

I feel cheated having bought this product today and purchased the home version as opposed to pro version because it allegedly supported Circle. Cheated actually doesn’t even describe my level of anger.

Seeing the level of engagement Furry attained guru status by repeated replying to these posts with “post in the circle area” which likely had the impact of just taking the piss out of people even more.
Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Parental-Controls-missing-on-RBR850/...

Users need to contact NG support in regards to Parental Controls. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7