Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 850 Circle

rjcon777
Initiate

RBR 850 Circle

I recently upgraded my old Orbi to the RBR850- I have to say, it’s absolutely ridiculous that I “upgraded” but lost the circle functionality. With three kids, this was huge for us. Had I known that, I would have not bought the new system.
Message 1 of 5
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: RBR 850 Circle

Hi, I'm just wondering, did it say in the box or on the posting where you bought the RBR850 that it supports Circle? I got information that it will support NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls soon not Circle.
Message 2 of 5
rjcon777
Initiate

No, in fairness it did not advertise that it was supported by circle, which is why I didn’t imply that there was false advertising. My complaint is simply that I don’t understand why they wouldn’t already have that for a “newer, superior” item. It is my fault, however, for purchasing it without checking to see if it did support ANY sort of parental control. And I’ve had it for months now and they have been saying their version is coming but still nothing.
Message 3 of 5
svetaketu
Luminary

I see. And yeah I agree, a more advanced product should come with either the previous features or a better one already embedded.

I guess they had delays in developing the software that contains parental controls and were pressed for time to get the product out to market.

Message 4 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7