Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Orbi- Circle stopped working

mchpdx
Aspirant

RBR40 Orbi- Circle stopped working

Hello,

We have had a positive experience with this Orbi RBR40 router and satellite system up until recently. The router is still working but the built-in parental control is not. Unfortunately, the Disney Circle parental controls no longer exist as of the past couple of weeks. There is suddenly no internet filtering happening. We have an active premium subscription which renewed again last October. I have reset the router (multiple times), deleted/reinstalled apps (multiple times), checked firmware version, etc... 

When I open the Netgear Orbi app and select Parental Controls, I see a "we found your Circle" message. I then get a passcode screen after I hit the "manage" button.  I don't have any idea what this might be, but I'm the only admin so I choose that option. This leads to a screen for an option to receive the passcode via sms. I have tried this, but never receive a text. I found another user with a similar problem so I emailed the same circle support tech. He emailed right away. While he did indicate Circle doesn't support this version, he sent me a passcode anyway but it didn't work giving me the same "could not connect" message.

Does anyone else have an RBR40? This model isn't listed from the drop-down options but the RBR50 is. Also, if it matters, I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro to run Netgear Orbi and Circle 1st gen apps. If anyone is or has been in the same boat, I would appreciate some help! Thanks.

Mike

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR40 Orbi- Circle stopped working

Any updates on this? 

@mchpdx wrote:

Hello,

We have had a positive experience with this Orbi RBR40 router and satellite system up until recently. The router is still working but the built-in parental control is not. Unfortunately, the Disney Circle parental controls no longer exist as of the past couple of weeks. There is suddenly no internet filtering happening. We have an active premium subscription which renewed again last October. I have reset the router (multiple times), deleted/reinstalled apps (multiple times), checked firmware version, etc... 

When I open the Netgear Orbi app and select Parental Controls, I see a "we found your Circle" message. I then get a passcode screen after I hit the "manage" button.  I don't have any idea what this might be, but I'm the only admin so I choose that option. This leads to a screen for an option to receive the passcode via sms. I have tried this, but never receive a text. I found another user with a similar problem so I emailed the same circle support tech. He emailed right away. While he did indicate Circle doesn't support this version, he sent me a passcode anyway but it didn't work giving me the same "could not connect" message.

Does anyone else have an RBR40? This model isn't listed from the drop-down options but the RBR50 is. Also, if it matters, I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro to run Netgear Orbi and Circle 1st gen apps. If anyone is or has been in the same boat, I would appreciate some help! Thanks.

Mike

Message 2 of 4
mchpdx
Aspirant

Nope. I just replaced the Orbi system with a different brand and moved on. I just set everything up last night so haven’t had a chance to configure parental controls yet. Fingers crossed.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements