Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 Circle no longer functioning

andyJM8
Aspirant

RBR50 Circle no longer functioning

I've been using circle on an RBR50 for over 6 months its been fairly stable and has always previously paused internet access when reuired either by reaching bedtime, hitting timelimits or by manual request - until last week.  It seems that circle is no longer capable of pausing the internet on any devices or profiles.  I have followed the trouble shooting guides but still no luck.

I'm using the latest firmware in my region - UK.
Is this is known issue?  I have seen many similar posts but not have any real resoulution or even reports of positive fixes from suggestions.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Generalanders
Aspirant

Happened to me, today as well. This morning I was using the circle settings just fine, this evening it can't be found at all. I wonder if the servers are down / discontinued? I've been using circle increasingly for the past ~2+ years, so I'll be frustrated to lose all of that configuration data etc.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Generalanders
Aspirant

I downgraded my firmware to 2.6.1.40 from 2.7.2.104, but not sure it was necessary, since it didn't help. My phone still couldn't find the orbi circle.

I finally tried downloading the app to my ipad, and it asked me the new apple/ios security questions such do I want to allow the app to access local network, location etc, and I allowed it, and the app could find my circle and the configuration was all there.

I then allowed these on my iphone and could access everything again as well. So I might try updating the firmware again to 2.7.2.104, but I may hold off a few days since it's been a tiring night 😞

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7