Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 Parental Controls missing

qwiksand32
Initiate

RBR50 Parental Controls missing

I upgraded my RBR50 to FW v2.7.1.60 for US Region (yes I live in US) and it seems as though neither the "Parental Controls" or "Circle" features are an available option anymore.  I've confirmed it's missing in both the Web GUI and Orbi App on iOS.  Granted I never had this feature enabled, but I actually want to use it now and can't.  Can anyone confirm if there is a FW version where "Parental Controls" and/or "Circle" is still working?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 15
qwiksand32
Initiate

Nope, didn't work either.  In the end I had to role back to 2.6.1.40 and then do a factory reset for it to show up again.  Very strange.

Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Well heard that NG is doing things different with the v2.7 versions of FW and Circle support so not sure what is going on there. 

Keep v2.6 loaded for now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 15
3BeansandDreams
Aspirant

Same issue here. Can't find parental control or Circle anywhere. Updated to the latest firmware. 

Message 5 of 15
DeanB1452
Apprentice

That is very strange that I'm seeing several posts about parental controls not working or missing.  I have been using RBK53S with one RBR50, two RBS50, and I added on one RBS20 here in the US.  Everything is with the latest FW (50...v2.7.2.104 and 20...v2.6.2.104).  Parental Controls is enabled.  Circle Parental Control Info states Agent version 2.2.0.1 and APP Database version 2.15.2.  I've been using the free version of Circle and didn't pay for a subsription.  I also see  a button on the Parental Controls page to "upgrade to Netgear SPC" but I have not enabled that since I think it takes away Circle and you have to get a paid subscription at that point.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reach out to NG support to ask them what the deal is. NG maybe moving away from Disney Circle and going to something of there own:

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/smart-parental-controls/

Good Luck.

Message 7 of 15
HoyaHokie
Tutor

Updated from circle to new service following the instructions on the site and now there is no circle feature in the router main page and orbi app does not have an add feature option to progress through instructions. Now I have a canceled circle subscription with Apple and no refund option and no firewall child filtering What gives? Routers are updated to latest firmware.
Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? 

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Missing-parental-controls-on-firmware-v-2-7-2-104/m-p/2054328/...

@HoyaHokie wrote:
Updated from circle to new service following the instructions on the site and now there is no circle feature in the router main page and orbi app does not have an add feature option to progress through instructions. Now I have a canceled circle subscription with Apple and no refund option and no firewall child filtering What gives? Routers are updated to latest firmware.

Message 9 of 15
HoyaHokie
Tutor

V2.7.2104. After update all circle and parental controls are gone in orbi admin page. Orbi iOS does not have the square option on main page for parents control either. Looks like the upgrade removed all parental controls
Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your looking in the right place:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Missing-parental-controls-on-firmwar...

@HoyaHokie wrote:
V2.7.2104. After update all circle and parental controls are gone in orbi admin page. Orbi iOS does not have the square option on main page for parents control either. Looks like the upgrade removed all parental controls

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Missing-parental-controls-on-firmwar...

@HoyaHokie wrote:

Message 12 of 15
Pweissma
Guide

My Circle is gone too. It was activated and I was paying $5 a month but didn't realize for a couple weeks. My daughter noticed right away and didn't say anything! Hey, that's why I use it. This is really infuriating. Back in November I wasted a lot of time dealing with the iPhone app issues of v2.7 and rolled back to v2.6 so the app would work. Now this is too much. 

Message 13 of 15
Pweissma
Guide

One thing to add which is that I tried to configure Circle throught the Circle 1st generation app. This app sees the Orbi router and tries to log in. After saying "Your router is compatible!" it comes back with "Something Went Wrong / Please try again to enable Circle." This may be to way to configure Circle going forward now that Parental Controls are gone but it doesn't work.

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Parental controls are there. 

PC moved under Basic tab on or around v40 and beyond. 

@Pweissma wrote:

My Circle is gone too. It was activated and I was paying $5 a month but didn't realize for a couple weeks. My daughter noticed right away and didn't say anything! Hey, that's why I use it. This is really infuriating. Back in November I wasted a lot of time dealing with the iPhone app issues of v2.7 and rolled back to v2.6 so the app would work. Now this is too much. 

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7