Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 and Circle app filtering gone

GF2021
Aspirant

RBR50 and Circle app filtering gone

Hi All,

I have been useing the RBR50 and Circle filtering to protect my kids for unwanted sites.  The other day I discovered that app was no longer working and I needed to change to the NetGear Circle App .  But in this new app all the existing profiles and filters were gone. I can re-add the profiles, but I can't add the filter as I had before.   Not sure what happened to them. The old app that had my profiles and filtering wont connect to my Orbi any more.   please help, how do I get the filtering back?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 and Circle app filtering gone

Message 2 of 6
GF2021
Aspirant

Good Morning

The Orbi Firmware is V2.7.3.22  Yes this was recently updated and then I noticed the issue.

The App Version is 2.12.0.22  This may have been updated I don't know, I have auto update on.

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll probably need to contact NG support or a forum moderator for there help.

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 6
GF2021
Aspirant

I really just want to get the issue fixed.   I've thought about resetting to factory, but that would be such a pain with all the devices on the network and I don't even know if I can upgrade the firmware to a version (for the security updates) to just before the one that removed the filtering feature. 

Unfortunately, the "complimentary support" has expired.   It looks like this forum is my only option unless I want to pay for support. 

Not sure why they would push updates if I am no longer able to get support.  I've never experienced this sort of paywall for support for for a product that I've purchased.  

This is the message I see

Your complimentary technical support expired on 2020-07-25.

Purchase GearHead Premium Support to extend the support coverage of your product.
          Or purchase by calling 1-888-939-9092 (within US, Canada, Intl. customers see link below) - Please have your credit card ready
           when calling.

Your product hardware warranty expired on 2021-04-26.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements