Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recent upgrade has stopped Circle history working

Jlruk
Initiate

Recent upgrade has stopped Circle history working

My router updated it’s firmware Saturday and since then my circle history monitoring has stopped working. It shows everything except history (still shows any blocked attempts, just not what was visited) say no history, World Wide Web is waiting.
I’ve tried deleting, reinstalling, putting old firmware on…everything I can think of.

Any ideas how I get it back? Is the free version of circle
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 23
PTinTX
Initiate

Re: Recent upgrade has stopped Circle history working

Same router. Updated about 3 days ago. Usage 0, history 0 for last 3 days.

Router FW: V1.0.4.76_10.1.82
Message 2 of 23
Jlruk
Initiate

If you get a solution please let me know. I’ve tried everything, it looks to me as it’s deliberate to try and get you to pay for premium
Message 3 of 23
PTinTX
Initiate

I already have Premium sub... question why sometimes because of some simple lack of reatures like different allowed time window for apps. For example if I only want youtube between 6pm and 7pm on weekdays but education sites available anytime during the day.
Message 4 of 23
Stigter
Guide

Same problems on the same router (R8000)
Also wrong time zone.
Bed time is not correct, time on router is set correctly.
Off time is set at 9 am till 11.30 am but circle gives time off at 18 pm.

To bad, because we paid for premium and it is not working anymore.
Message 5 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact a forum moderator if you need additional help with this:

@Blanca_O @DarrenM 

Message 6 of 23
Yesterdaze
Aspirant

Same problem.  R8000 router updated to .76 firmware on Oct 11th and just noticed yesterday that the premium subscription Circle 1st Gen usage and sites visited is not working as of that date.

I uninstalled and reinstalled app on phone.  I rolled back firmware to .74   -  neither helped.

Is a full factory reset the next step?

Message 7 of 23
Stigter
Guide

I do not want a factory reset because i also use open vpn. Waiting for an answer of netgear employee
Message 8 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

First save off the routers configuration to back up file. Then you'll have something to re-apply after the reset. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

@Stigter wrote:
I do not want a factory reset because i also use open vpn. Waiting for an answer of netgear employee

Message 9 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try.

First save off the routers configuration to back up file. Then you'll have something to re-apply after the reset. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

@Yesterdaze wrote:

Same problem.  R8000 router updated to .76 firmware on Oct 11th and just noticed yesterday that the premium subscription Circle 1st Gen usage and sites visited is not working as of that date.

I uninstalled and reinstalled app on phone.  I rolled back firmware to .74   -  neither helped.

Is a full factory reset the next step?

Message 10 of 23
Stigter
Guide

I am familiar with back up procedure. I am not certain if the openvpn certificate also be restored from backup. That will be a challenge because some people outside my country rely on my vpn connection.
Besides, there are people who did a full factory reset and report timezones problem. I did contact Blanca_O , but no answer. Sadly i was a fan of the product, did some positive reviews, but this is a problem of circle and Netgear. Before the firmware update it was working fine! Do not fix if it ain’t broken!
Message 11 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

What country are you located? 

Well if it worked before the update, you might revert back to the version where it was working and check to see if it works. 

Message 12 of 23
Stigter
Guide

Reverting back is not the answer. There is something wrong on the other side. I cannot fix it.
I stopped my subscription, too bad
Message 13 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Revert back to the version where it was working and check to see if it works is a troubleshooting step.

Good Luck.  

Message 14 of 23
Stigter
Guide

I understand, but reverting back is not the solution and not working! No history and still wrong time zone! I will not spend any time on trying to fix it. Netgear of Circle have to fix it.
Message 15 of 23
anddin8835
Aspirant

Same problem.  Circle worked fine-Did a factory reset- now cicle won't work.  notice says circle will not work in AP or Bridge mode only wireless mode.  You would think the geniuses at Netgear would simply explain how to correct this but No...they are clueless.Thanks a lot morons.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 16 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

A full on factory reset of the router and setup from scratch maybe needed. 

Otherwise, you'll need to contact NG support:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Circle-Pass-Code-Help-and-Informatio...

Good Luck. 

Message 17 of 23
underclaw
Aspirant

Has anyone done the factory reset and got this to work? I have tried reboots, changing iPhone private addressing...nothing is letting me use Circle features. No history...it just spins in the app.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 18 of 23
deengear
Tutor

Circle History is empty in the Visited tab but Filtered tab has data

Hi,

Of late, my Circle app does not show anything in the 'Visited' tab. The 'Filtered' tab however has entries. What has changed for the 'Visited' tab that it now shows no data ?

Can you please help fix this issue so I can see the history of all devices within my Circle ?

Thanks,

-Dee

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Route

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 19 of 23
david-sun
Tutor

my profile/Device isn't showing Usage/History

Dear Support, 

I just got a R7000 router, I updated the firmware to V1.0.11.134_10.2.119. I use C6300v2 as modem, using xfinity service. I subscribed the Circle Smart Parent. I couldn't see any event on the History/visited.  

Here are some screen shoots. I already called netgear support several times. they suggested to update the firmware, which seems doesn't work.  even the support already confirmed that model R7000 support features of premium smart parent. I need double check it hear, if the answer is positive. what should I do to make it work?

by the way, History/Filtered seems work fine. what is the different of the setup between filtered and the visited?

Thanks you very much.

David

Screenshot_20220502-062504_Circle 1st gen.jpgScreenshot_20220502-062458_Circle 1st gen.jpgScreenshot_20220502-062607_Circle 1st gen.jpgScreenshot_20220502-062549_Circle 1st gen.jpg

Message 20 of 23
david-sun
Tutor

Re: my profile/Device isn't showing Usage/History

It's me again. I have chat and talk to support at least 10 hours total, I uninstalled Circle, NightHawk app on my phone, and installed again. I unsubscribed the Circle from google play account, and resubmited. I changed the Router password. I am an IT related professional. I really can't imagine how a person who has less IT knowledge can handle this situation. 

I notice that my teenage addicted to the device and network, I really want to check the visited website and filter out some. if your device and the app support this history/visited feature, I don't think  it is so hard for me to make it works. if you don't support it, please let me know so I can choose other product. 

Sincerely. 

David

Message 21 of 23
david-sun
Tutor

by the way, I did submit premium smart parent for 4.99/month.

Message 22 of 23
david-sun
Tutor

I would pay more if you do have this feature.

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7