Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Remove Circle from Orbi

girlnamedblake
Follower

Remove Circle from Orbi

I'm this close to throwing this entire system in the trash. We got an Orbi yesterday, set it up with the Circle subscription that was included. It now won't allow anything (Disney+, Netflix, etc) to play on the on TV we set up with Circle.

We've rebooted the router, rebooted the TV, disabled Circle in the app - nothing works. When I go into Parental Controls in the Orbi app to disable, it says "this operation is not yet available over remote connections."

Someone please help me!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Be sure to not enable Circle. 

For any Circle questions or information, please refer to the Circle forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 3
hingedthinker
Initiate

After searching for 15min on how to disable Circle so that I can enable OpenDNS and actually block harmful websites I finally figured it out. 

Disabling in the Circle app is completely pointless. It doesn't work and kept showing enabled in the app and website based admin pages. 

I had to goto settings in the Orbi app > Parental Controls > Disable Circle. That worked. Now, the Circle garbage is turned off and I can configure OpenDNS on the advanced tab without setting a static IP address for my inet service provider.

YMMV but hope this helps.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7