Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Resetting Circle Admin Passcode

Hjer
Follower

Resetting Circle Admin Passcode

I set up Circle on NetGear from an old phone number that I no longer have access to, so I am not getting the reset passcode.  There are tons of the same types of posts in this Community, but the solved replies I've seen state that the solution was sent to one's Inbox, thus I am posting this hoping to get the resolution.  Thx

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 29

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Hjer, 

I will need the following info so that I can validate and retrieve the passcode from our system. Please send me the requested info in a private message.

Name:

Email:

Model Number:

Serial Number: 

Thanks,

Christian

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 29

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Hjer, 

I will need the following info so that I can validate and retrieve the passcode from our system. Please send me the requested info in a private message.

Name:

Email:

Model Number:

Serial Number: 

Thanks,

Christian

Message 2 of 29
wsouliere70
Aspirant

I have recently upgraded my phone and my number has changed so I am unable to get the PIN for my Circle app. Based on all the posts it looks like I need support to help, could someone help me?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 29
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello, 

Name:

Email:

Model Number:

Serial Number: 

Thanks,

Christian

Message 4 of 29
daz69
Initiate

Hi
Had to re install circle app on my iPhone. I am administrator. I think the mobile phone number registered is wrong so I cannot get code sent to me. Please help.

Regards
Darren Padgett
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 29
DK12103
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue,   need some help.   Any idea on how to associate the device with the right number?

DK 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 29
Havva
Initiate

Hi, had the same issue. Had to delete and reinstall Circle and I don't get the code on the phone number now due to a wrong phone number. Could you help?Thanks.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 7 of 29
Havva
Initiate

I was not sure when the moderator would respond to the issue and I don't have much time. So I reset the router and installed the circle app again. I was able to have things working again. Hope this helps everyone who is reading this.

Just a comment: who would only allow for an sms to send a passcode to reset an app? We provide an email address with the registration. It should be pretty easy to have the system set up that the passcode can be reset or shared via email. This is incompetence at its best. Please have this corrected. Thanks.

Message 8 of 29
L3V1
Aspirant

is there any way you can help me with this too? I'm having the same issue

Message 9 of 29
DavePel
Aspirant

I need to reset my Circle, I removed the app from my phone but now I want to setup again.  Please message me so I can start the reset process.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 29
Nestastar
Aspirant

Hello,

Could you help to reset my circle ?

Message 11 of 29
ZaxShai09
Aspirant

i have the circle app , but i recently changed my phone number and now i cant access my circle app and i am the admin, is there a way to reset it.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 12 of 29
ssrouter
Initiate

Hi

I have written multiple times to the moderator. In my view, this Circle first generation app is a peice of junk.

Does not send any code to the number registered. Spent the entire weekend trying to fix it but no success.  

Probably the best solution is to reset the router and do it all over again.

Feedback to Netgear, dont sell Circle app bundled with the router.!!!!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 13 of 29
Nestastar
Aspirant

Thank you very mutch,

But it's possible to have another code just to test anoter time, if no possible, I reinstall the router from factory setup. 

I have the firmware

V1.0.11.106_10.2.100

And this version of circle :

Informations sur le contrôle parental Circle

Version de l'agent: 2.1.8.9
Version de la base de données APP: 1.3.1

APP :

Circle Home Circle Media Incorporated 2.1.10

And other remark, I don't know if on R7000 netgear tourter normaly I have circle Disney or not. I don't see it in the app

Thank you 

Message 14 of 29
StephenV
Aspirant

I need to reset my Circle, I removed the app from my phone and I need to setup again and Circle keeps attempting to txt a code that never arrives .. just send me an email with the code.  Please message me so I can get this sorted. Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 15 of 29
beccabagger
Aspirant

Hello, I am having issues with not getting the passcode sent to me.  I got a new phone and now can't access the circle app.  I keep requesting a passcode but it never comes.  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 16 of 29

Same issue. Can not get a passcode for Circle. No one helps and the support won’t let me talk with anyone.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 17 of 29
Seana85
Aspirant

I've done exactly this 2 times now and I still get no response whats up with that?
Message 18 of 29
Nestastar
Aspirant

Hello seana, I see your message today, just know that : “I try to resolve the problem with multiple test, reset, code from support. It’s always the same”. at a moment you must reset the router the same (poor programmer ). It’ unstable and your router is very slow. The functionality for paid application are wrong. I just reset last Friday to test another time, and for two days I use the router without this both the route is running very well ( not slow, disconnection, ... nothing. Very nice. Use another software for the parentale control and don’t install Bightwank all contrôle are in the interface of the router . But if you are an IT men like me and you do some night without sleep to try to resolve this issue, I see that last Friday in same time the router is compatible with open source firmware....
Message 19 of 29
Nestastar
Aspirant

Or not.... very wrong
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 20 of 29
Bschoos
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. How did you fix it??
Message 21 of 29

Christian_R

Email Christian_R the information requested and he will send you a passcode. Took a couple of days for him to reply but it worked.
Message 22 of 29

Circle Passcode
Circle login setup new phone no code I will need the following info so that I can validate and retrieve the passcode from our system. Please send me the requested info in a private message. Name ,Email Model Number: Serial Number: private message the person I sent in last reply
Message 23 of 29
Bschoos
Aspirant

I did, hope he responds!
Message 24 of 29
Dblaze20
Initiate

I have the same problem. I got a new phone and now I can't get the circle admin code.
How is everyone saying that this is solved?
Can someone help me please.
Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7