Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart Parental Control does not work on Orbi RBR050 and RBK050

ORBIisJUNK
Aspirant

Smart Parental Control does not work on Orbi RBR050 and RBK050

Hello Gurus,

I have Orbi RBR050 and RBK050 (2 satellites). I lost access to Disney Circle after the firmware upgrade on 1/21/2022 which is a separate story and it took about 6 months to resolve. It still didnt resolve but it was thrown under the rug but anyway, I dont want to discuss that issue here.

I want to enable Smart Parental control which was introduced in firmware version 2.7.2.102. I was able to see the smart parental control tile in Orbi iPhone App so I went ahead and followed the steps mentioned in this KB note : https://kb.netgear.com/000062109/How-do-I-set-up-and-install-NETGEAR-Smart-Parental-Controls

I also went ahead and purchased one year subscription so I can set it up asap for my teenager son. I created all the profiles, added the devices to different profiles and added the time limits and bedtime etc. After enabling it, I noticed that it doesnt work at all. It does not pause the internet after I reach the limit or it does not update the Usage details. It does not pause even I paused the internet completely. So basically, it was showing everything on the app but there was no link to the router.

After researching, I came across this KB article : https://kb.netgear.com/000062988/Why-can-t-I-see-the-NETGEAR-Smart-Parental-Controls-tile-in-the-Orb...

I followed all the steps and made sure that I have everything they are asking in the document. I am checking all the required boxes and still the smart parental control doesnt work for me. When I login to my router from browser, it does not show me the smart parental tile or even reference to it anywhere.

Appreciate if someone can guide me or share their experience with this product.

Thanks,

CAH

Message 1 of 4
ORBIisJUNK
Aspirant

Re: Smart Parental Control does not work on Orbi RBR050 and RBK050

Hi All,

Can someone help please?

Thanks,

CAH

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 3 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ORBIisJUNK,

Please check your PM.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors