Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Smart Parental Controls not tracking Usage

nonigarrett
Aspirant

Smart Parental Controls not tracking Usage

Hello,

I’m currently paying for SMART Parental Controls for my ORBI RBS50.  It’s worked great for the first few months and as of a week ago it STOPPED TRACKING USAGE!  The profiles are still available, and the settings are correct, it’s just not tracking any time being used.  I restarted my ORBI, I removed all the devices, then readded them, and NOTHING!  The whole purpose of this application is to monitor and help my young children disconnect.   I tried calling the support line and was put on hold for 22 minutes then was hung up on. 

Any suggestion?  TIA

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 11

I'm noticing the same thing. It stops tracking the use and then I have no way to see whats going on. It's frustrating because that's why I pay for the service.
Message 2 of 11
orbi-adan
Star

I have the same issue on my RBK750. Paid for the service and it has stopped working. Has anyone found out the probelm?

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact a forum moderator for help on this if needed:

@DarrenM @Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 11
nonigarrett
Aspirant

FYI... I've reached out numerous times via email, chat, and phone, to no avail.  Why did I have to pay for a service that doesn't work and I get no assistance?!?!? 

This is incredibly frustrating.   

Message 5 of 11
ellen2298
Apprentice

I had the same issue which then just happened again today when my yearly payment went through after the trial. It seems any time a payment is made either for the yearly or signing up for the yearly or monthly  while still on the trial after starting the trial it glitches the system. It requires a soft factory reset of the hardware. Here is the link to the post I made before with my resolution. hope it helps. It did help me again today when I did it. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/RBK750-Smart-Parental-Controls-Stopp...

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

@ellen2298 wrote:

I had the same issue which then just happened again today when my yearly payment went through after the trial. It seems any time a payment is made either for the yearly or signing up for the yearly or monthly  while still on the trial after starting the trial it glitches the system. It requires a soft factory reset of the hardware. Here is the link to the post I made before with my resolution. hope it helps. It did help me again today when I did it. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/RBK750-Smart-Parental-Controls-Stopp...

Message 7 of 11
nonigarrett
Aspirant

I'm struggling backing up my config.  The instructions say to back up from a web browser on your computer, well, my computer is ON my ORBI WiFi network but when I log into orbilogin.net. is says:

Looks like you’re not connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us.

I'm not on VPN, I've cleared my cache & history, I've restarted, and still receive the above....can you please assist?  I've tried from my phone and it gives me 404 errors. 

Message 8 of 11
nonigarrett
Aspirant

THANK YOU!  Once I figure out how to back up my system, I'll give your suggestion a whirl! 

Message 9 of 11
ellen2298
Apprentice

That is so strange. Sadly way above my knowledge base to help you to fix that. Strange that you have internet working and you are connected to your network and the orbilogin.net doesn't show you the correct information. Once you get that taken care of it should otherwise work for you. I have been up and running again since the latest fix with no more issues. Good luck!!

Message 10 of 11
Chuckg1
Star

Doing factory resets many times a year when usage stops showing is not a solution. Im lucky when I get 3 days of history and then I have to revuild all my SPC rules after the reset. Circle worked so much better compared to Netgear expensive version. Big Fail
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7