Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart parental control bypassed by Google chrome incognito mode

Laurent78
Aspirant

Smart parental control bypassed by Google chrome incognito mode

Hello. 

I just purchased a Nighthawk router to take control on the websites accessible to my kids. I activated the smart parental control but i notice that the Google chrome incognito mode on Windows 10 is not filtered nor logged in the history. How is it possible? I have no administrative right on the laptop provided by the high school so cannot ban access to this incognito mode. 

Thank you for your help. 

Best regards. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Admin

Re: Smart parental control bypassed by Google chrome incognito mode

Hello @Laurent78 ,

I came across this article and reached out to our support team to see if this is expected behavior. They advised that incognito tabs should still be filtered by Circle/ SPC. Check it out this helpful article - Does Circle Manage Incognito or Guest Accounts? Private Tabs? 

We'd love to learn more about this issue! Any additional details you can provide that can help us research this further would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Christine

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd contact the school and have them disable that mode on the laptop. 

Message 2 of 3
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Laurent78 ,

I came across this article and reached out to our support team to see if this is expected behavior. They advised that incognito tabs should still be filtered by Circle/ SPC. Check it out this helpful article - Does Circle Manage Incognito or Guest Accounts? Private Tabs? 

We'd love to learn more about this issue! Any additional details you can provide that can help us research this further would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Christine

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7