Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to access router login.net after installing Disney Circle

JJANDCLW
Tutor

Unable to access router login.net after installing Disney Circle

Hi all. Can anyone explain to me why I am no longer able to access the router login.net webpage after setting up Disney Circle on my device? I have assigned my main PC to the “unmanaged device” group, which supposedly means it is not filtered or monitored by Circle. However, every time I try to open routerlogin.net I’m informed by Circle (meetmycircle page) that the page has in fact been filtered. This is despite the fact that it clearly knows the PC is in the unmanaged device group.

Is this just flaky software? I raised it with the Disney Circle people some time ago and they basically had no answer and directed me back to NETGEAR. Which is a bit slack as the problem doesn’t exist until Circle is installed.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JJANDCLW,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Does the issue persist when using another browser and/or device (under a different profile)?

3. Does it work when using the router IP address?

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
JJANDCLW
Tutor

Hi Dexter. Thanks for responding.

1. What is the firmware version of the router? Latest firmware, to best of my knowledge, according to my device. That is V1.0.9.64_10.2.64.

2. Does the issue persist when using another browser and/or device (under a different profile)? Interestingly, no. I just discovered by accident a couple of days ago that I can successfully log into routerlogin.net (Safari or Chrome) using my iPad, which is assigned to my Circle profile (the same Circle profile as my PC). It only seems to be blocked (incorrectly) in Edge, Chrome, and IE11 on the Win 10 PC.

3. Does it work when using the router IP address? Incredibly no. It only gets blocked when using routerlogin.net on my PC. If I use IP address, on any browser, I get in successfully. It can't be a clumsy block on routerlogin.net at the Circle end because I can use that on the iPad. But only routerlogin.net specifically is blocked by router on PC. It's a mystery to me. Maybe the browser on iPad is sending something different to gateway then PC browser - but both devices are on the same Circle profile.

Frnakly, for the money Circle with Disney charges, I (as a user) shouldn't have to waste my time wondering and troubleshooting. That said, if it's a just a problem unique to me, I obviously can't hold them responsible.

Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

You can try allowing the routerlogin.net under History if it shows up there and check if it makes a difference.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JJANDCLW,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7