Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to find Circle. RBR20 iphone and ipad

boodad
Tutor

Unable to find Circle. RBR20 iphone and ipad

Earlier today Circle stopped working on my network.

Every device that had the app, 2 iphones and an ipad all got the same message "Unable to find Circle" Try Again or Pair new Circle

If I choose Try again it just brings up the same exact screen saying Unable to Connect.

If I choose Pair New Circle I can progress to the "Your router is compatible!" screen but when I choose the ENABLE CIRCLE I am caught in the infinite loop again.

help

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to find Circle. RBR20 iphone and ipad

Hi boodad,

Thank you for confirming. May you revert to the previous firmware version below and let me know if your issue persists.

https://kb.netgear.com/000062432/RBR20-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-36

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello boodad,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your recent experience with Circle. Would you mind confirming the firmware version your router is currently on.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 12
boodad
Tutor

Sure it is running most recent
V2.6.2.104
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 12
boodad
Tutor

Anyone have information on this? My kids are still in online school and I can't keep them off of the sites I don't want them on now

Message 4 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi boodad,

Thank you for confirming. May you revert to the previous firmware version below and let me know if your issue persists.

https://kb.netgear.com/000062432/RBR20-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-36

Christian 

Message 5 of 12
Flyingfish2u
Initiate

I am also having the same issue. Not sure what’s happening. Please help
Message 6 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Flyingfish2u,

May you try reverting to the previous firmware version as I mentioned earlier.

Christian 

Message 7 of 12
boodad
Tutor

This worked. Thank you for the help

Message 8 of 12
Flyingfish2u
Initiate

Reverting back to older firmware worked too, but we shouldn't go through this headache. I wasted several hours trying to figuer this out. You guys need to fixed this asap for the rest of the parents who can't use circle after updating the firmware. 

Message 9 of 12
ArcherDJ
Guide

I agree - I had the same experience - circle stopped working after update to 2.6.2.104 which I did via the orbi app on my phone.  Having had time to learn how to do it through the web login ( not simple!) I tried installing it again over the top of the existing same version and now its working.  My first thought originally was to try to roll back to a previous version but there was no obvious way to do this.  this caused days of agro in my household and I became an object of hatred.  Therefore so has netgear by default.  defintily not good enough considering how expensive this is yearly.

Message 10 of 12
2oldforthis
Initiate

This is happening to me as well. My router is AC1750/R6400v2. The Circle 1st Gen App was working fine then yesterday it says, "Unable to find Circle". Try to pair new Circle then "Darn, couldn't find router". How do I fix this?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 11 of 12
2oldforthis
Initiate

Just found the issue!! In settings on my phone, the Circle App was set to Cell Data instead of Local Network. I guess if you open the app away from home network, it must switch automatically? All this tech junk is taking years off my life...

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7