Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to setup circle on Orbi

Exodor
Follower

Unable to setup circle on Orbi

I'm trying to setup Circle on my Orbi RBR40 by scanning the QR code on the bottom of the device.  I'm unable to scan the code with an iPhone 7 Plus - the code is too small for the phone to successfully focus.  I printed a photo of the QR code but I'm unable to scan that as well.  The app also mentions entering a "code found on the bottom of my Circle Home Plus" but I see no code. 

Where can I find the code to proceed with setup?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
mlauer22
Aspirant

Re: Unable to setup circle on Orbi

I am having this same issue.  

Message 2 of 6
Snowman8
Tutor

Also having the exact same issue!
iphone 11 Pro

Orbi RBR40 (firmware V2.6.2.104)

PLEASE HELP!

Message 3 of 6
svetaketu
Luminary

Hi @Snowman8@Exodor @mlauer22 

The QR code at the bottom of your RBR40 is used during setup. If you already have it configured and would just want to enable Circle Smart Parental Controls, follow the instructions below:

1. Launch the Orbi app from a mobile device that is connected to your Orbi WiFi network.
  2. Enter the user name and password that you created the first time that you logged in and tap the SIGN IN button.
    The Dashboard displays.
  3. Tap Parental Controls.
  4. Move the Enable Circle slider to the right to enable Circle Smart Parental Controls.
  5. Tap the GO TO CIRCLE button.
  6. Install Circle.
  7. Launch the Circle app.
  8. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up Circle Smart Parental Controls on your Orbi WiFi System.

Ref: https://kb.netgear.com/000053861/How-do-I-set-up-Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls-on-my-Orbi-router 

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 6
Snowman8
Tutor

@svetaketuI have it working now, THANK YOU!

The problem was I downloaded the Circle app and was trying to connect.
The key to getting this to work was downloading the Orbi app and launch and install Circle from within that app (It actually installs a different version of Circle called Circle 1st generation).  Also made sure to setup Router/Orbi as opposed to Circle device in the app.

Message 5 of 6
svetaketu
Luminary

Hi @Snowman8,

I'm glad that you got it working!

I understand where you encountered the problem. Yeah, the Circle app that works with NTGR routers is called Circle 1st generation.

Thanks for the update! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7