Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why No Circle for RBR750 or other Wifi6 Routers??

Dcarr862
Initiate

Also note that compatibility mode forces a 100mbps throttle cap if you read the material. So why have ultra fast router and then software that throttles speed?
Message 51 of 69
FURRYe38
Guru

Where are you seeing this information? 

@Dcarr862 wrote:
Also note that compatibility mode forces a 100mbps throttle cap if you read the material. So why have ultra fast router and then software that throttles speed?

Message 52 of 69
dtay
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Where are you seeing this information? 

@Dcarr862 wrote:

See this link:

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028507711-Using-Compatibility-Mode

To quote:

Note: Enabling compatibility mode will limit the download and upload speed of managed devices to 100 MBP/s

Message 53 of 69
adesantiago
Initiate

Just bought and set up my RBR750. I could not believe it doesn’t have Parental Controls or a way to use Circle 1st Gen. Spent $500 so that I could get the best of both worlds, but nope. Great performance but not worth $500 for just a router. Over a year of complaints and silence or false promises from NG. Unfortunately I will be returning it tomorrow and get something with decent Parental Control.
Message 54 of 69
Thador
Guide

Con job on these RBR750s. Plasters parental controls all over the site but then isn’t here. Can we get a timeline or should I just return?
Message 55 of 69
Dcarr862
Initiate

Netgear isn't responding to this robust amount of traffic on the issue. I'm returing the device, the rudamentary software and app management options aren't acceptable for a $500 system.

Message 56 of 69
Thador
Guide

Next month was 6 months ago. Come on NETGEAR???
Message 57 of 69
GREG873
Guide

Last August Netgear told me that parental controls were on the way. I'm starting to think they lied to me. Bought mine at Costco. So may go ahead and return them. Netgear does your view this issue as important. Their competition does. Fairly simple equation there. 

Message 58 of 69
dgtxwifi
Initiate

Folks, if I can offer some advice, Amazon has a 3 band mesh router with more capabilities like parental controls and it's in the same price range. Return your Netgear if you can, it's not worth going against the grain here. Also, if you can't return it, start calling them, they are obviously not monitoring this thread, or maybe they don't care, but a call will probably get you further.
Finally, my message to Netgear, who do you think buys a router that covers a 7000 Sq foot home? A single guy in an apartment or a family man/woman with a big house? The lack of parental controls is a shame and a total disregard to your target audience. I still have this product in a box in the attic, if the community supports it, I can post a video in the social channels destroying the router and antennas like in the Office Space movie, maybe then they'll take notice.
Message 59 of 69
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe coming very soon to the 7 series Orbis:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Parental-Controls-missing-on-RBR850/...

@Thador wrote:
Con job on these RBR750s. Plasters parental controls all over the site but then isn’t here. Can we get a timeline or should I just return?

Message 60 of 69
svusa
Initiate

I agree with you completly. $500 router and no parent control. I can not believe it.... I'm returning it back to Costco tomorrow. NETGEAR if you are reading this, get the damn parent control on the wifi router. We all have grown up now and have kids. 

Message 61 of 69
FURRYe38
Guru

Good luck then. 

Message 62 of 69
wwbobski
Aspirant

Well Now I feel like a real fool for trusting Netgear. I just purchased my Orbi Mesh RBR750 set up and worked for a few days to get all my devices and smarthome back online only to find I cannot use Circle on this device. Yes Netgear I did get the Survey on Circle and your proposed new parental tools, however that does me no good now! Very Disappointed. I have been using Netgear devices, routers and cable odems instead of the cable Co stuff for years and have enjoyed pretty good sucess. My Nighthawk router 5G radio was staring to go and I did my homework on a replacement. The Mesh network and speeds are wonderful, but we have 3 Children of various ages and I need to control their devices.  Might just have to dump my Netgear devices and go back to the drawing board or even worse use the Cable Co stuff. It allows device control at least.  Let's go Netgear get it together.

Message 63 of 69
svusa
Initiate

I returend mine yesterday, and buying eero. It is on sale part of Prime Day deals. It does come with Parent Control and Profiles

sorry Netgear... too bad you don't have parent control features. 

Message 64 of 69
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe coming very soon to the 7 series Orbis:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Parental-Controls-missing-on-RBR850/...

@wwbobski wrote:

Well Now I feel like a real fool for trusting Netgear. I just purchased my Orbi Mesh RBR750 set up and worked for a few days to get all my devices and smarthome back online only to find I cannot use Circle on this device. Yes Netgear I did get the Survey on Circle and your proposed new parental tools, however that does me no good now! Very Disappointed. I have been using Netgear devices, routers and cable odems instead of the cable Co stuff for years and have enjoyed pretty good sucess. My Nighthawk router 5G radio was staring to go and I did my homework on a replacement. The Mesh network and speeds are wonderful, but we have 3 Children of various ages and I need to control their devices.  Might just have to dump my Netgear devices and go back to the drawing board or even worse use the Cable Co stuff. It allows device control at least.  Let's go Netgear get it together.

Message 65 of 69
VanderMeideFam
Aspirant

Can you tell me how the Circle Plus worked with your router?  I am needing parental controls and am looking at buying this router... though I really wish Netgear just had circle installed.  

Message 66 of 69
dtay
Luminary

@VanderMeideFam wrote:

Can you tell me how the Circle Plus worked with your router?  I am needing parental controls and am looking at buying this router... though I really wish Netgear just had circle installed.  

Circle Plus works with the Orbi 6 AX series, but with a caveat and some limitations.  For instance, you have to run it in the "compatibility mode" instead of the standard mode. The downside?  Your internet speed for the clients connected/managed on Circle are now throttled down to just 100 Mbps.  So, if you have fast internet connection like FiOS, etc., you'll only get 100 Mbps.  That, to me, is a pretty significant downside.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028507711-Using-Compatibility-Mode

There are some issues (not sure if it's Circle or interoperability or compatibility issues with Orbi AX in general) but sometimes all internet traffic would just halt; I'd have to restart or reboot Circle to get everything connected again.

I'm also anxiously waiting for Netgear to offer an integrated solution - be it Circle or something else - with their Orbi AX Wi-Fi 6 mesh routers.  It's a disgrace that at this price point, it's missing something as simple as parental controls.

Message 67 of 69
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/000062109/How-do-I-set-up-and-install-NETGEAR-Smart-Parental-Controls

@VanderMeideFam wrote:

Message 68 of 69
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 69 of 69
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7