Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wondering if it's possible to get Circle working on R7900p with adding another device

verosity
Follower

Wondering if it's possible to get Circle working on R7900p with adding another device

I've noticed that Circle is included with the Nighthawk models from Netgear.  I've also noticed, unhappily, that my model is not on the list of compatable versions.  Is there any thoughts on a future date where Circle will be included in the firmware?  Is it possible to potentially use the firmware from a similar model without bricking this router? (i.e. r8000p).  As someone that has been involved with the developer end of many devices and softwares, I know this is possible on occasion but not always.  I am NOT looking to increase my cost by buying a Circle Device on top of my current devices, removing this as an option.  Thanks in advance.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wondering if it's possible to get Circle working on R7900p with adding another device

Hi @verosity,

As it stands the R7900P is not among the devices that support Circle and we do not have visibility on the pipeline of future feature updates. However, this is something that you can have posted on the Idea Exchange board linked below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @verosity,

As it stands the R7900P is not among the devices that support Circle and we do not have visibility on the pipeline of future feature updates. However, this is something that you can have posted on the Idea Exchange board linked below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7