Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wrong time zone Circle+ (R8000)

Stigter
Guide

wrong time zone Circle+ (R8000)

Good morning,

After a firmware update of my router a did not have history and usage of premium circle. Also the time zone was not correct. I live in the Netherlands and Circle time-zone is 9 hour earlier. (my timezone = GMT+1 Europe, Cirlce is GMT-8 (Pacific Time)

Meanwhile Circle fixed the premium use of usage and history, but unfortunately not the time zone.

I have reset Circle to factory settings, i deinstalled app and reinstall on several (android and ios) devices. But no luck. The time-zones on the devices is correct.

Somebody a clue how to fix the time zone? Because usage is nog correct if it is morning in the Netherlands (8am) and Circle is thinking is evening (11pm)

Maybe a moderator who can fix this inside Circle program, of other solution?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 16
Bangsteam
Aspirant

Re: wrong time zone Circle+ (R8000)

Same problem here, how can i set a different time zone, now bedtime is not working and i have to manually set it

Message 2 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the time zone set correctly on the routers web page? You should be able to change Time zone settings on the routers web page. 

I persume DST should be disabled for your region?

Message 3 of 16
Stigter
Guide

The time in the router webpage is correct, all the devices i use are working on the right time zone.
The support website of Circle said that the time zone is taken of the latest admin device. But my devices got the right time zone.
Only Circle have trouble. I assume this is a problem on Circle side.
But do we have to wait another 6 weeks before Circle fix this problem?
Message 4 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support about this and let them know what your seeing. If there is a problem on the Circle side, NG will need to address it.

@Blanca_O @DexterJB 

Message 5 of 16
Stigter
Guide

i did inform NG support and no reaction. 

I hope for the best and the will fix it quitely.

Message 6 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 7 of 16
Cez123
Initiate

Hello,

Similar thing over here, but on R7000. Bedtime does not work as it suposed to. When awake time is set up, internet connection is blocked and then when bedtime starts, internet connection is being activated.

Message 8 of 16
Mkobrien
Aspirant

I had the same problem - my router thought it was March 5, 2019. Log into your router at 192.168.1.1 and navigate to the Advanced tab and then administration menu and then NTP settings menu. Enter an alternative NTP (network time protocol) server address. I used pool.ntp.org and click done. It will take a bit to update but it will get the correct time
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 9 of 16
Stigter
Guide

Sorry,
My router is on the right time zone.
The Circle application is not.
Very disappointing that after a few weeks nothing happened!
Message 10 of 16
snyderjn
Aspirant

I had the same issue.  After opening and working with support no solution was found.  I just keep a note in my phone to translate the incorrect time to the correct time.

Message 11 of 16
Stigter
Guide

Nothing works for me. To bad i paid € 5 each month and no solution. It looks like we are on a different time zone. I live in Europe!
Message 12 of 16
Dilly79
Tutor

I’m having this problem now. My circle time zone is out. All my devices are correct + my ntp is correct.

Did anyone manage to resolve this ?
Message 13 of 16
snyderjn
Aspirant

Nope, circle and Netgear were not any help either.. It's never been correct since I've purchased the device.
Message 14 of 16
Dilly79
Tutor

Mine used to be ok until last week. I’ve tried everything to get it right again 😬

Time to change router I think. Netgear don’t seem to help with anything
Message 15 of 16
Wrighty_UK
Initiate

Same problem, plus profiles gone and no way to re-active premium.

It seems netgear are not bothered about helping people with this anymore - I have not seen a single acknowledgement of the problem from them, an explanation as to why it happens, or most importantly - a resolution.

Something clearly broke in one of the router firmware updates.  It seems nobody at Netgear knows how to fix it, they should just replace the Circle integration with their own netgear parental controls for this router.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7