× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Advice compiling php

mfe_
Tutor

Advice compiling php

Hello,

I'm trying to compile php from source by using gcc 4.6.0 on the readynas duo sparc. I read the php.net manual which says I have to set the parameter --with-apxs2=

The only apxs file I found in the readynas duo was located in /c/home/admin/support/apxs.

But when viewing the content of apxs I seems that the paths are set wrong. Anyway, when using "../php-5.3.10/configure --with-apxs2=/c/home/admin/support/apxs --host=sparc-linux I'll get

Sorry, I cannot run apxs.  Possible reasons follow:

1. Perl is not installed
2. apxs was not found. Try to pass the path using --with-apxs2=/path/to/apxs
3. Apache was not built using --enable-so (the apxs usage page is displayed)

The output of /c/home/admin/support/apxs follows:
sh: line 1: /usr/local/apache2/bin/envvars: No such file or directory
apxs:Error: Sorry, no shared object support for Apache.
apxs:Error: available under your platform. Make sure.
apxs:Error: the Apache module mod_so is compiled into.
apxs:Error: your server binary `/c/home/admin/'..
configure: error: Aborting

Have I to correct all paths? Is there a newer apxs file available? Or is there an other workaround to get the php compiled with using the apache version of the readynas duo? greetings
Message 1 of 15
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Advice compiling php

WhoCares will probably have some input, he went through those growing pains awhile ago.

Do you need specific customized stuff? Looked at viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54543 ?
Message 2 of 15
mfe_
Tutor

Hello, I need some customized extensions like mapi (for zarafa) and the pgsql extension. greetings
Message 3 of 15
InTheShires
Tutor

Message 4 of 15
mfe_
Tutor

Hi,

thanks for the replies. I'm able to compile php php-5.4.9 without the parameter --with-apxs2=/c/home/admin/support/apxs with my gcc 4.6.0 + upgraded tools.

Configuring php with ../php-5.3.10/configure --exec-prefix=/usr/lib/apache2 --with-apxs2=/c/home/admin/support/apxs --host=sparc-linux will break at:

[...]
checking for Apache 1.x module support... no
checking whether to enable Apache charset compatibility option... no
checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS...

Sorry, I cannot run apxs. Possible reasons follow:

1. Perl is not installed
2. apxs was not found. Try to pass the path using --with-apxs2=/path/to/apxs
3. Apache was not built using --enable-so (the apxs usage page is displayed)

The output of /c/home/admin/support/apxs follows:
sh: line 1: /usr/local/apache2/bin/envvars: No such file or directory
apxs:Error: Sorry, no shared object support for Apache.
apxs:Error: available under your platform. Make sure.
apxs:Error: the Apache module mod_so is compiled into.
apxs:Error: your server binary `/c/home/admin/'..
configure: error: Aborting

As we know Perl is installed on the readynas duo. In addition I figured out that apache2 was compiled with enable-so (checked with apache2 -l). The message "sh: line 1: /usr/local/apache2/bin/envvars: No such file or directory" is confusing.

I edited /homes/admin/support/apxs and changed the paths to:

my $installbuilddir = "/usr/sbin/apache2"; ##"/usr/local/apache2/build";
##get_config_vars("$installbuilddir/config_vars.mk",\%config_vars);
get_config_vars("/c/home/admin/build/config_vars.mk",\%config_vars);
so the paths should be correct. Why is it me telling that the path in "sh: line 1:" / is incorrect? This is a perl script and not a shell script. Is it possible that the error does not occour in the apxs file, because the error is in a shell script on line 1? 0o Or am I searching the error in the wrong file?

An other problem is that printing perl variables in the apxs file will be suppressed. So maybe I have to create a seperated perl script to dump "
my $httpd = get_vars("sbindir") . "/" . get_vars("progname");
$httpd = eval qq("$httpd");
$httpd = eval qq("$httpd");
my $envvars = get_vars("sbindir") . "/envvars";
$envvars = eval qq("$envvars");
$envvars = eval qq("$envvars");
".

The config.log last line is:

configure:5271: checking whether to enable Apache charset compatibility option
configure:5438: checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS
configure:6327: checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS

and doenst support any more information 😞

Another idea whould be to create the missing folders and copy the apache files into these directories? But first I will try to dump the perl variables and look forward.

greetings and best regards
Message 5 of 15
WhoCares_
Mentor

If it helps, I could provide you with the complete Apache .deb packages for the ReadyNAS. Of course you could also compile them from the GPL sources yourself. Using the apxs2 from that package should fix your problem I guess.

-Stefan
Message 6 of 15
mfe_
Tutor

Thanks, I would like to use your apxs2 file and then try to compile it by my self. 🙂

greetings
Message 7 of 15
WhoCares_
Mentor

Since I couldn't upload them here, you'll find the packages there: http://readynasxtras.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2555

-Stefan
Message 8 of 15
mfe_
Tutor

Thanks Stefan.

I successfully compiled php-5.4.9 with your apxs2 btw. the unpacked apache2-prefork-dev_2.2.6-2.netgear2_sparc.

I used the following configure
../php-5.4.9/configure '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php5/cli/php.ini' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php5/cli/conf.d' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql' '--exec-prefix=/usr/lib/apache2' '--with-apxs2=/c/home/admin/support/apxs2' '--host=sparc-linux' '--build=sparc-linux' '--with-gnu-ld' '--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--without-iconv' 'build_alias=sparc-linux' 'host_alias=sparc-linux'

I also had to create a symlink in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf -> /etc/frontview/apache2.httpd.conf

greetings

[Edit]
If you want to compile an older version of php for example 5.3.10 you run into the issue, that configure will include ieefph.h into main/php_config.h and unix.h which results in an compiler error because this files doesn't exists on the readynas duo. Just uncomment unix.h and ieeefph.h in nano main/php_config.h and it should work.
Message 9 of 15
WhoCares_
Mentor

Glad it worked!

-Stefan
Message 10 of 15
mfe_
Tutor

Hi,

I got here some dependcy problem with apt-get and want to ask if i can do apt-get install -f without breaking the apache:

fes-a120d19nas:/backup/fes-a120d19nas/zarafa/gss-0.1.5# apt-get install -f
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
libexpat1-dev libgnutls11 libldap2 libldap2-dev liblzo1 libopencdk8 libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0 libsqlite3-dev libtasn1-2
Suggested packages:
gnutls-bin sqlite3-doc
The following packages will be REMOVED:
apache2-prefork-dev libapr1-dev libaprutil1-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libexpat1-dev libgnutls11 libldap2-dev liblzo1 libopencdk8 libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0 libsqlite3-dev libtasn1-2
The following packages will be upgraded:
libldap2
1 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 3 to remove and 75 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 1693kB of archives.
After unpacking 1847kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Message 11 of 15
WhoCares_
Mentor

Short answer: DON'T DO THIS!

-Stefan
Message 12 of 15
chirpa
Luminary

Long answer: Really! Don't do this! I mean it! #notsupported #borked #noGUI
Message 13 of 15
mfe_
Tutor

Is there a nice way to solve this issue? I want to execute apt-get install libgsasl7 which breaks because of the above depency problems.
Message 14 of 15
WhoCares_
Mentor

The only way to solve this is to recompile manually from the source packages and changing the dependencies there.

-Stefan
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements