× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any way to restore "admin" account?

euphos
Aspirant

Any way to restore "admin" account?

I've been working my way through an issue that has me perplexed. I've been running my Pro2 on OS6 for about a half a year with no problems. Recently, after adding a 104 to my system, I was playing around with ReadyCloud. The 104 added fine, but when I went to add the Pro2, the procedure bombed out. Since then I haven't been able to log into the GUI and get into the setup. RAIDar detects both NAS's, the shares still work, and I have SSH access. But can't get into the GUI setup. Chrome has always worked, but I even gave IE a try. No dice.

Got some help earlier, and did get the Pro2 to update the firmware from 6.1.4 to 6.1.5 via SSH. This after doing multiple reinstalls of 6.1.4 via reboots into OS reinstall mode. Still no GUI. I also tried to reset the admin password via SSH with the "passwd admin" command. It gave me a "user 'admin' does not exist". I think the admin account got wiped somehow during the ReadyCloud setup.

Does anyone know of how to restore this short of a factory default? That's my last choice.
Message 1 of 4
fastfwd
Virtuoso

Re: Any way to restore "admin" account?

euphos wrote:
"user 'admin' does not exist". I think the admin account got wiped somehow during the ReadyCloud setup.

Does anyone know of how to restore this short of a factory default?

adduser --uid 98 admin

and then follow the prompts: Enter a password, confirm it, enter name/room/phone numbers/other (or just hit ENTER for those).
Message 2 of 4
euphos
Aspirant

I ended up doing a factory default, and I'm now restoring my backup.
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Good. There is a nodesize and leafsize change in 6.1.5 that you will get the benefit of by doing this.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements