× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Apps by NAStools

rube
Aspirant

Could you tell me what the default login and password is for transmission nt?

Message 26 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@rube wrote:

Could you tell me what the default login and password is for transmission nt?

@NAStools wrote:

Local admin, local users added to the group nastools-transmission, and the ReadyCLOUD admin are able to login.

Message 27 of 129
northernlights
Aspirant

Hello,

Where I can find the downloaded files on my NAS? When I open the shares window there is no transmission folders there, I can see that there are some data on the drive, but couldn't  find folders from the dowload path of the transmission client. I have FW 6.5.0.

Thanks,

Message 28 of 129
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello northernlights,

When you map the NAS IP, there should be a new share created, Transmission is the share name. You should also see it when you go to admin page of the NAS then click Shares.

Regards,

Message 29 of 129
northernlights
Aspirant

Hello,

that what is weird. When I go to admin page of my NAS there is no Transmission folder under shares. Same if I try to connect via explorer there is no Transmission folder only the ones I created.

Thanks.

Message 30 of 129
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello northernlights,

When you launch Transmission and click the folder icon, it should show you the destination folder. What is it? Can you post a screenshot?

Regards,

Message 31 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@northernlights wrote:

Where I can find the downloaded files on my NAS? When I open the shares window there is no transmission folders there, I can see that there are some data on the drive, but couldn't  find folders from the dowload path of the transmission client. I have FW 6.5.0.

The default directory downloads are saved to is /apps/nastools-transmission/downloads.  You can access this folder by logging in to the NAS as the local admin user over SMB (if you still have the default admin password you'll need to change this before you're allowed to login).  Access the volume share and drill down to .apps\nastools-transmission\downloads.  You may need to turn on viewing of hidden files to see the .apps directory.

You're more than welcome to create a share via the ReadyNAS UI and then set your Transmission settings to use this share as the default download location.

@JennC wrote:

When you map the NAS IP, there should be a new share created, Transmission is the share name. You should also see it when you go to admin page of the NAS then click Shares.

This information is for Poussin's transmission.  It is not applicable to my Transmission NT add-on.

Message 32 of 129
northernlights
Aspirant

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation of the dowload path. I didn't know there are some hidden files and folders.

Regards,

Message 33 of 129
cnecne
Aspirant

Re: LMS 7.9 sox libgomp.so.1 is missing

Hi,

i hav another question regarding LMS 7.9.0!

When i connect to spotify, i can stream the music to my touch.

My picore player cannot play the stream. I think the format of the stream is Ogg Vorbis.

When i look into the transformng settings, i see that sox is configured to transform Opp Vorbis to FLAC.

Where can i see thet sox is correctly installed on my NAS, and is there any chance to fix the problem?

Thaks in advance,

Christoph

Message 34 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Re: LMS 7.9 sox libgomp.so.1 is missing

@cnecne wrote:

When i look into the transformng settings, i see that sox is configured to transform Opp Vorbis to FLAC.

Where can i see thet sox is correctly installed on my NAS, and is there any chance to fix the problem?

Logitech includes the sox binary.  It's located at /apps/nastools-logitechmediaserver/slimserver/Bin/[arch]-linux/sox.

Message 35 of 129
albyg88
Aspirant

Hello , I can not access the downloaded files with transmission NT 2.92 on my ReadyNAS RN102. In my browser I enter the https://192.168.1.50/apps/nastools-transmission/downloads/ address but the result is as follows:

409: Conflict

Your request had an invalid session-id header.

To fix this, follow these steps:

1. When reading a response, get its X-Transmission-Session-Id header and remember it
  2. Add the updated header to your outgoing requests
  3. When you get this 409 error message, resend your request with the updated header

This requirement has been added to help prevent CSRF attacks.

X-Transmission-Session-Id: N19gfcSr95Ce6aH6SV8Zjk25GBvPdx9cJk06dpNZJxKDdfsy

Thanks

Message 36 of 129
shoemoney
Tutor

Just wanted to say thank you!

Message 37 of 129
jhagg
Luminary

Great seeing a new developer here updating out of date and offering fresh apps for ReadyNAS.  Just wanted to say thank you as well!

Message 38 of 129
jhagg
Luminary

NASTools,

Since you mentioned you take app requests, I have two that I think would be very much usefull to the community here: 

1. Microsoft OneDrive Sync

2. An app that allows for easy configuration of PIA (Private Internet Access), so essentially a VPN app that you can turn on and off putting the ReadyNAS behind PIA when turned on.

I would certainly be willing to contribute a donation to either should you decide to move forward and I am certain others would as well!

Thanks!

Message 39 of 129
shoemoney
Tutor

yes please put a paypal donate link up.  For myself and others these updates are priceless.

My request list would be sabnzbd and sonarr although sonarr I can install/upgrade via apt.

Actually out of my own curiousity could all of the apps in the deb repository work? 

Message 40 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@albyg88 wrote:

Hello , I can not access the downloaded files with transmission NT 2.92 on my ReadyNAS RN102. In my browser I enter the https://192.168.1.50/apps/nastools-transmission/downloads/ address but the result is as follows:

409: Conflict

Your request had an invalid session-id header.

You can't access your downloaded torrents via HTTP directly through Transmission.

@NAStools wrote:

The default directory downloads are saved to is /apps/nastools-transmission/downloads.  You can access this folder by logging in to the NAS as the local admin user over SMB (if you still have the default admin password you'll need to change this before you're allowed to login).  Access the volume share and drill down to .apps\nastools-transmission\downloads.  You may need to turn on viewing of hidden files to see the .apps directory.

Message 41 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@shoemoney wrote:

Just wanted to say thank you!

@jhagg wrote:

Great seeing a new developer here updating out of date and offering fresh apps for ReadyNAS. Just wanted to say thank you as well!

Glad I could be of service. Smiley Very Happy

@jhagg wrote:

Since you mentioned you take app requests, I have two that I think would be very much usefull to the community here: 

1. Microsoft OneDrive Sync

There aren't many client options for OneDrive on Linux. I see xybu/onedrive-d (which mentions "This repository is still under active development and the program is not yet usable.") and skilion/onedrive.  I'll look into it.

@jhagg wrote:

2. An app that allows for easy configuration of PIA (Private Internet Access), so essentially a VPN app that you can turn on and off putting the ReadyNAS behind PIA when turned on.

Just my opinion, but a firewall/router would be a better device to take care of this. If your router supports loading of OpenWRT/DD-WRT/Tomato custom firmware it should be rather easy for it to bring up the VPN, then force your outgoing NAS traffic through the VPN.

@shoemoney wrote:

My request list would be sabnzbd and sonarr although sonarr I can install/upgrade via apt.

Looks like RNXtras has a newer build of SABnzbd available (v1.0.2 vs v0.7.13 on the app site).

Sonarr has some tips for manual installation (as you mentioned), but an app would be nice.  I'll keep it in mind.

@shoemoney wrote:

Actually out of my own curiousity could all of the apps in the deb repository work? 

ReadyNAS apps are really just Debian packages that follow the ReadyNAS SDK.  If you're comfortable with CLI there's a whole world of Debian packages available to you.

@jhagg wrote:

I would certainly be willing to contribute a donation to either should you decide to move forward and I am certain others would as well!

@shoemoney wrote:

yes please put a paypal donate link up.  For myself and others these updates are priceless.

I'm flattered Smiley Embarassed.  I'm just doing this for the fun of it.  If there's money burning a hole in your pocket consider donating to the upstream projects who really make all this possible.  The Electronic Frontier Foundation could use some help as well. Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 129
jhagg
Luminary

Hey NAStools,

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I understand about OneDrive add-on, please keep your eye on it I am certain it would be a very popular add-on if the Git becomes useable.

As for this:

jhagg wrote:

Just my opinion, but a firewall/router would be a better device to take care of this. If your router supports loading of OpenWRT/DD-WRT/Tomato custom firmware it should be rather easy for it to bring up the VPN, then force your outgoing NAS traffic through the VPN.

In my situation, in a shared home, I really need to VPN the ReadyNAS only not the main connection.  That is why a VPN app that works with PIA would be ideal.  I know there is a VPN that super pousin made, but I dont think it is configurable for PIA.  I am not that well verse in VPN, so was really hoping you could make an app that you turn on and off in the app launcher when you want ReadyNAS hidden behind VPN or not, depending on if you want the additional security and willing to give up some speeds at times, and other times you can run it straight.  Make sense? 

As I mentioned I am willing to donate to you or your casue if you can whip something like this up, I have no clue how to do it.  I saw an article posted where there was a permanent solution, but I really want an app that turns it on and off.  Here was the articel:  Configure ReadyNAS to use PIA

Please let me know your thoughts, I am quite certain others would find this add-on VERY useful, I have seen many people searching for this type of functionality in my own quest for it.

Thanks!!

Message 43 of 129
shoemoney
Tutor

Thanks dude!!!!!!

Also...   This your's ? 

apt-cache search transmission

nastools-transmission - lightweight BitTorrent client

Message 44 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Edit by @siigna: App posting moved to beginning of thread.

Message 45 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@shoemoney wrote:

Also...   This your's ? 

apt-cache search transmission

nastools-transmission - lightweight BitTorrent client

Yep, that's mine. Robot Happy

Message 46 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Edit by @siigna: App posting moved to beginning of thread.

Message 47 of 129
abe_cologne
Aspirant

- FW 6.5.1

- App: "Transmission for Readynas" 3.00.8 by Poussin

Hi there!

I've been using the Transmission App on this ReadyNAS and it's Predesessor (old Sparc Model, still works but not enough capacity) and I grew very fond of it.

I know that you have been making an adapted version and I would be willing to give it a try if it can meet my needs:

- setting the seeding speed to "0"

- any form of automated adding of torrents, preferbly RSS (extratorrent)

The first option is an absolout must. In the country I life in torrent users are hunted by lawer firms and the law says it is illegal as soon as you start to distribute (seed). On a side note- I only download torrents wich are already seeded in the thousends (popular TV torrents)

The second option may me achived by "Automatic for Bittorent" or some similiar tool.

Thank you so much for your effort and service to such a great community!

Cheers abe

Message 48 of 129
lteska2
Aspirant

Hello NasTools, first of all thank you for contributing with such a great apps!!!

I have a problem, though. When I edit /etc/settings.json in nas-tools folder it stays modified only until I restart the service. After turning off and on transimssion service, the orignal settings are being brought back. None of my changes stays after restarting. What I am doing wrong?

I do have Readynas 102 with readynas os 6.5.1 to be exact

thank you for any ideas why i might happen

Message 49 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@abe_cologne wrote:

- setting the seeding speed to "0"

According to a post on the Transmission forum you can disable seeding globally under Settings > Torrents > Seeding > Stop seeding at ratio.  Set this to 0.

- any form of automated adding of torrents, preferbly RSS (extratorrent)

Would require a separate application, there's a few out there. As long as it supports Transmission's remote RPC protocol it should work fine.

@lteska2 wrote:

When I edit /etc/settings.json in nas-tools folder it stays modified only until I restart the service. After turning off and on transimssion service, the orignal settings are being brought back. None of my changes stays after restarting. What I am doing wrong?

According to the Transmission wiki: "The client should be closed before making changes, otherwise settings will be reverted to it's previous state."

Message 50 of 129
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements