× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Apps by NAStools

FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Retired_Member,

Have you tried StephenB's suggestion? You could also try getting in touch with the app developer.

As per NAStools: If you have any issues, questions, or concerns please PM me, create a new thread in the community, or file an issue on GitHub.

Regards,

Message 76 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@ghidin wrote:

Hi, everone!

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem with zoneminder. I've tried many version and none of them work.

Someone can help me? thankyou.

v1.30.0-nt2 is the version you want for firmware 6.6.0.  Can you download your system logs (System > Logs > Download logs) and PM me the install_debpkg.log?

Message 77 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

New version of netdata (v1.4.0-nt1) available.  Minimum firmware for this one is 6.6.0.

Message 78 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

ZoneMinder v1.30.0-nt2 ARM build for the 100/200 series is available.

Message 79 of 129
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Thanks for the update.  I'll go ahead and give it a try.

Message 80 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Gate One v1.2.0~1466273177-nt1 now available!

Message 81 of 129
Mike-77
Aspirant

Hi Everyone

I recently bought a ReadyNAS RN214 to replace an ageing NV+.  The 214 ran Logitech Media Server (Version 7.9.0.b7dfc80-nt1) very well for about two weeks, until the OS was updated to 6.6.0.  I am aware that there is a compatibilty problem with LMS and ARM machines, like mine. following the OS update, but it is so frustrating - the new 214 is sitting there 'mute' and I am still having to use the old, very slow (but still chugging!) NV+.

Can anyone bring me up to speed with either a currently available fix for LMS-NT on the 214, or the likely timescale (if at all) for a software update to resolve the LMS problem on the 214?

Many thanks...

Message 82 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@Mike-77 wrote:

The 214 ran Logitech Media Server (Version 7.9.0.b7dfc80-nt1) very well for about two weeks, until the OS was updated to 6.6.0.  I am aware that there is a compatibilty problem with LMS and ARM machines, like mine. following the OS update, but it is so frustrating - the new 214 is sitting there 'mute' and I am still having to use the old, very slow (but still chugging!) NV+.

Can anyone bring me up to speed with either a currently available fix for LMS-NT on the 214, or the likely timescale (if at all) for a software update to resolve the LMS problem on the 214? 

You want 7.9.0~1477086729-nt1.  See my previous post about LMS and the 6.6.0 update.

Message 83 of 129
Mike-77
Aspirant

Thank you so much - now working beautifully.

Message 84 of 129
BingDanT
Aspirant

Hey @NAStools

great work on all the apps!!

i was just curious on the Home Assistant app, I'm very excited to give this one a go, any updates ??

Cheers

Message 85 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

New version of ZeroTier One, v1.1.14-nt2, now includes a web interface!

Message 86 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@BingDanT wrote:

i was just curious on the Home Assistant app, I'm very excited to give this one a go, any updates ?? 

Finishing up final details on this one.  I'll PM you with a test version to try out in the next couple days. Robot Happy

Message 87 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Home Assistant v0.33.4-nt1 released!  Check out more information in the first post of this thread.

Message 88 of 129
m-frank
Aspirant

I just installed Logitech Media Server NT and everything works fine, except i cant WOL my ReadyNAS 516 from LMS like I used to when I had installed Poussin version of LMS.

Is there a solution to the WOL problem?

ReadyNAS 516

OS 6.6

Message 89 of 129
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi m-frank,

Might be best if you get in touch with the developer. Also, if its not too much; would you be able to uninstall the app then try the WOL? Just for isolation.

Regards,

Message 90 of 129
kevcompton
Apprentice

Hi NASTools,

I've sent you several PM's regarding Emby but don't appear to have received anything back recently, can you please confirm receipt as I believe Emby is ready for others to enjoy?

Regards,

Kevin

Message 91 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@m-frank wrote:

I just installed Logitech Media Server NT and everything works fine, except i cant WOL my ReadyNAS 516 from LMS like I used to when I had installed Poussin version of LMS.

Is there a solution to the WOL problem?

ReadyNAS 516

OS 6.6

I think WOL for 516/716 was broken in 6.6.0 and fixed in 6.6.1 Beta 2.

@kevcompton wrote:

I've sent you several PM's regarding Emby but don't appear to have received anything back recently, can you please confirm receipt as I believe Emby is ready for others to enjoy?

I still need to get a decent ffmpeg package out.  Should be good to release here in the next few days, I've been a bit busy lately. Robot Happy

Message 92 of 129
m-frank
Aspirant

That explains it, am looking forward to OS 6.6.1 Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 129
kevcompton
Apprentice

Hi,

I would like to be able to use the latest version of Home Assistant so I can use my Harmony Hub but the version you have created a ReadyNAS app for appears not to be able to update, I think this is a common problem with this version of Home Assistant based on me searching the web.

Error shows:

16-12-01 10:16:30 homeassistant.core: Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/apps/nastools-homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/updater.py", line 74, in <lambda> hass, lambda _: check_newest_version(hass, huuid), File "/apps/nastools-homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/updater.py", line 82, in check_newest_version newest, releasenotes = get_newest_version(huuid) File "/apps/nastools-homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/updater.py", line 128, in get_newest_version return (res['version'], res['release-notes']) TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Are you able to show me how to upgade to the latest version or are you able to update you app?

Many thanks.

Message 94 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@kevcompton wrote:

I would like to be able to use the latest version of Home Assistant so I can use my Harmony Hub[...]

Are you able to show me how to upgade to the latest version or are you able to update you app?

I've updated to v0.34.5.

Message 95 of 129
kevcompton
Apprentice

NASTools,

Thank you for updating Home Assistant, much appreciated.

It's great that we've got someone finally who is knocking out current apps that are so very useful.

I've spent a lot of money in the past on numerous ReadyNAS products and still can't understand why Netgear can't employ someone like yourself who can create so many useful apps. A NAS is not just for storing data, it can and should be so so much more. 

Please keep up the excellent work.

Regards,

Kevin

Message 96 of 129
pfdwyer
Aspirant

I'm still not able to reach the share and I'm not sure of the syntax if I want to change it.

I can see a new share called nastools-transmission but I can't access it with any account in the readynas. I've added accounts to the nastools-transmission group and restarted as well. Also tried the \download.

The default is still /apps/nastools-transmission/downloads

If I create a new share in the webUI and call it "downloads" what would the full path be from the transmissions web gui to change it to? I don't really know the inside of debian linux to know where they have put these shares.

Thanks

Message 97 of 129
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pfdwyer,

What firmware are currently using?

Might be best if you update it first. Sending a PM might also give you a faster response from the developer.

ReadyNAS OS 6 Software Version 6.6.1

Regards,

Message 98 of 129
pfdwyer
Aspirant

Thanks,

I am using 6.6.1.

Message 99 of 129
jbrocket
Aspirant

After installation and launching ZoneMinder, this error is returned. "ZoneMinder is not installed properly: php's date.timezone is not set to a valid timezone"

Assistance is requested to fix this.

Message 100 of 129
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements