× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Apps by NAStools

o0Ravi0o
Aspirant

Hey NAStools,

Firstly, thanks for developing the Transmission app for the NETGEAR NAS setup.

I am having trouble executing, "Access the volume share and drill down to .apps\nastools-transmission\downloads.  You may need to turn on viewing of hidden files to see the .apps directory." I have tried accessing the NAS as "admin" from both, a Mac (SMB, AFP) and a Windows (SMB) machine. I just don't see the "apps" or the ".apps" folder. Even when I manually type in the address "\\NAS_IP\.apps" on windows it simply states that Windows can not access the folder. Regarding the rights, I have added the "admin" to group "nastools-transmission" as a secondary member but still no avail.

Kindly guide.

Message 101 of 129
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Auth to the ReadyNAS over SMB as admin, then go to \\NAS_IP\volume_name\.apps

Message 102 of 129
o0Ravi0o
Aspirant

kohdee, tried that too "\\192.168.8.203\data\.apps", however, I still get the same message. Smiley Sad

My NAS IP: 192.168.8.203

Volume name: data

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 2.05.57 AM.png

Message 103 of 129
bedlam1
Prodigy

Message 104 of 129
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

If your volume name is data, then this works.

You'll need to use a combination of net use /delete and net use /user:admin   to ensure you're authing as admin. The data share (or whatever you named your volume) does not show up unless you are authing as admin.  Close all explorer windows and reconnect. It will show up if you are correctly auth. 

My previous screen shot shows the explorer path working. This screen shot shows mapping rive

Message 105 of 129
o0Ravi0o
Aspirant

kohdee, thanks for directing me to "net use" its the first time I tried to use it. On trying the steps you mentioned, which seems to be the standard approach (did it after understanding the proper syntax), it didn't seem to do it for me. On reading up a few articles on Microsoft and Superuser's websites I realise a plethora of people are facing issues with just using "net use" commands. They suggest restarting the server/machine as a fix.

I have a few things that I am working on and can't afford to restart it. I shall try that later and post back. I wish there was a method which didn't involve shutting down/logging off my machine.

Links that I read:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/58494ea1-e3a0-49ab-be5c-1aa2b86f13c9/how-t...

http://superuser.com/questions/883604/disconnecting-logging-out-from-windows-network-share-without-r...

Have to try the method outlined here too:

http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000556

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 3.09.21 AM.png

Message 106 of 129
Sandshark
Sensei

Go into the Windows credentials manager and see if there are any stored credentials for the NAS.  If there are, delete them, log off Windows and back on (or reboot), and try again.

You can get to the credentials manager by typing "cred" in the search box, and one of the autocomplete options will be credentials manager.

Message 107 of 129
o0Ravi0o
Aspirant

Sandshark, I had checked the Windows credential manager too. It was surprisingly all empty for me. It didn't have any saved credentials.

Message 108 of 129
bedlam1
Prodigy

I have installed Transmission NT but cannot get Sickrage or Couchpotato to connect to it, can someone help me out on what i should be entering for Hostname and Port data

Message 109 of 129
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Home Name is the computer or NAS you have the software installed on and the PORT number is the port it's using.    Your Web brwoser for example uses PORT 80.  

So take my software running on my ReadyNAS 516.  I have a manually assigned IP to that NAS as 10.0.0.100.  So it never changes.   Do do this with your Router.   You SHOULD do it!!!  So I'm running PLEX on my NAS, the port it's using, that I have it is 32400.  So if I enter in my Web browser (10.0.0.100:32400) and hit enter, PLEX pops up.   I'm using NZBGet for grab files, not Transmisstion.  It's port number is 6789.  So I can access it by enter (10.0.0.100:6789) and it pops up and asks for my login name and password.    Anything wanting outside access to the Internet is going to need a port.  Sometimes you can use 0.0.0.0 or Localhost.  Better to stick with the IP address for the device you're trying to access.

These ports that are being used like 32400 and 6789 also also be Port forward, which you also do in your router.  You would forward those ports to the device running the software, which is why it's also important to lock each device to a IP address that will never change on you.

Anything else?

Message 110 of 129
givememynamebak
Luminary

Curious, why would you use Emby?  Plex probably offers more and has a binary already available for OS6.  Have you thought of using Plex?

Message 111 of 129
kevcompton
Apprentice

I use Emby along with Kodi and the Kodi-Emby plugin that links the 2 together. I use Kodi on a pc connected to the tv, switching the pc on when I want something to watch that has been downloaded onto the ReadyNAS. Emby runs all the time on the ReadyNAS monitoring the download directory and gets all the images / metadata ready for when I next use Kodi. The Kodi Emby plugin only takes a few seconds to sync to Kodi and i'm ready to watch something. I've use XBMC/Kodi for years and am very happy with how it works so haven't ventured into anything else apart from Emby. I can stream/transcode from Emby if required and the web interface is nice too. 

Message 112 of 129
Kezooz
Star

Hi NAStools

Any chance of developing an app for Microsoft OneDrive.

I cant believe Netgear has not addressed this yet. Me thinks it is wanting to promote ReadyCloud service before providing OneDrive app.

Hoping you can help

Cheers

Kezooz

Message 113 of 129
Vleege
Aspirant

Hi NASTools and other Zoneminder users,

Firstly I would like to thank you for this great add-on.

I have installed the app for the 3rd time since friday because it seems to partly uninstall every day. At first I thought it was my power savings (booting).

Yesterday I disabled the power settings keeping the NAS awake. Today the same problem.

In the zoneminder folder only the folders api and events remain with some contents. Index.php is gone so the app is broken.

Only way to fix it is to reinstall the app but the next day the app is broken again.

ReadyNAS logging doesn't give me a clue. Only thing happening at night is snapshotting but the apps folder isn't covered.

I hope someone could help me so I can start using the great product.

Regards,

Roel

Message 114 of 129
semola1
Tutor

Hi all, i try to install ZoneMinder on my NAS (RN102 - firmware 6.7.1) but i get an error. In the logs I don't find anything that can help me to know where is the problem. Can you help me? Thanks
Message 115 of 129
mkliao
Aspirant

"You're more than welcome to create a share via the ReadyNAS UI and then set your Transmission settings to use this share as the default download location."

How do I do that with the correct permission?

I created a folder called "Transmission" directly under root with anonomous access right and changed the default download path to it but it still says permission denied.

Message 116 of 129

Hello NAStools.

Really appreciate the addons that you have developed. It seems that the Readnas firmware has been changing very quickly and is currently at 6.7.4 which has brought forth a few issues.

One being that Zoneminder v1.30.0-nt2 has stopped working. It currently is unable to start (error code 22002010000) and also can not be downloaded and installed from the available apps page.

Can Zoneminder be updated for whatever changed in firmware 6.7.4 ?

Thanks

Message 117 of 129
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same problem with zoneminder

Firmware 6.7.4 - ReadyNAS 314

Message 118 of 129
Sandshark
Sensei

Unfortunately, NASTools has not logged into the forum since mid December, nor has he been active since then on GitHub, where I left an inquiry.  I fear something bad has happened. I can't imagine he went to the effort to make all these apps and then dropped the ReadyNAS like a hot potato.

I was looking at his projects on GitHub and somebody who is more of a programmer/Linux guru than I ought to be able to pick up the ball and run with them.

Message 119 of 129
nycaleksey
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you very much for packages these great apps. It seems like Zoneminder is broken on v6.7.5. Are there any plans to update it for the latest OS?

Message 120 of 129
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nycaleksey,

Unfortunately the developer of the app is no longer active and have not login to the community for some time now. Community members are looking for someone that could possibly take care of future development of the apps.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 121 of 129
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nycaleksey,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 122 of 129
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Let me guess!!

Zoneminder is free and isn't working because the netgear has the Arcus to sell.

ASUSTOR I'm sorry.

Message 123 of 129
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

You know, you may be right about that!   But I'm sure ZoneMinder could be made to work just fine once again with a little effort.   Then again, you get it working, and then a new Update screws it up once again.  

Message 124 of 129
cnecne
Aspirant

Hi,

i use LMS 7.9.0 from nastools and would like to know, if anybody has updated his RN-516 to firmware 6.8.0.

Using firmware 6.6.1 everything is just working fine, and it would be bad if LMS is not compatible with the last firmware release.

So anybody anykind of notes about the last firmware and LMS?

Many regards

Christoph

Message 125 of 129
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements