× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backing up ZoneMinder data (OS6 /apps)

lrl1
Aspirant

Backing up ZoneMinder data (OS6 /apps)

Using a RN102, recently installed Zoneminder NT 1.30.0-nt2.  It works great, thanks NAStools for providing this port.

However since it stores everything (including the events directory) under /apps, it evidently can't be backed up using the ReadyNAS backup features which don't allow access to /apps/(anything)..

Any suggestions how to back it up?  Or if there's a practical way to relocate my data to a directory that can be backed up?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Backing up ZoneMinder data (OS6 /apps)

You can see the apps folder (it is a hidden folder on the data volume root (.apps).

For instance, in windows

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nasname\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Then look in T, with file explorer set to show hidden files.

Though I haven't tried it, you could try backing up using rsync.  Select the data volume, then go back later and use .apps for the path.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You can see the apps folder (it is a hidden folder on the data volume root (.apps).

For instance, in windows

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nasname\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Then look in T, with file explorer set to show hidden files.

Though I haven't tried it, you could try backing up using rsync.  Select the data volume, then go back later and use .apps for the path.

Message 2 of 3
lrl1
Aspirant

Well imagine my surprise that there is an administrative share of /data that's exported over SMB.  But there it is, and it gives me access to .apps.  This will work just fine.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements