× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CouchPotato Will Not Start After Update

mkjr75
Aspirant

CouchPotato Will Not Start After Update

RN314

OS 6.6.1

CouchPotato Installed 3.0.1 (per app page)

After performing an update to CP, server will not turn on.  Error reads:

Empty resource error.  Bad NML call.

Code: 22002010000

Cannot remove app - generic "cannot uninstall" error.

I've seen this error posted before, but no definitive answer.  I have tried re-installing the OS FW (6.6.1) per previous posts.  No help.  I am not sure how to "reinstall" a .deb package via command line.  I have limited (generous) Linux knowlege but do have SSH/root access if needed.

Any help apprecited.

Message 1 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: CouchPotato Will Not Start After Update

Hello mkjr75,

You might want to see this discussion that was answered by the developer.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 14
mkjr75
Aspirant

Thank you for the welcome!

I did see that discussion, but I am not sure how to replace my existing version.  I cannot uninstall the app via the OS and trying to install the .deb package from github results in a generic error about not being able to install.

So, I'm kinda stuck.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 3 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mkjr75,

Have you tried uninstalling/removing the app using another web browser?

Regards,

Message 4 of 14
mkjr75
Aspirant

Yes, with the same results.

Removing the app using the "remove" link from the dashboard results in the same error regardless of the browser "Cannot uninstall application CouchPotatoServer"

Message 5 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mkjr75,

Can you send system logs? Please include the link to this topic and a short summary.

I'll check with others.

Regards,

Message 6 of 14
mkjr75
Aspirant

Thank you Jenn!  I sent the logs (they're not very descriptive)

Message 7 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You've run into a known issue that's fixed in 6.7.0. You could update to ReadyNASOS 6.7.0-T206 (Beta 4)

Message 8 of 14
mkjr75
Aspirant

Thank you for the updated FW.  I installed 6.7.0-T206 successfully.  However, CP still will not start, and it will not remove either.

When I click remove, there is no error given.  The app simply does not go away.  Checking the logs reveals "System: Cannot uninstall application CouchPotatoServer."

Is there a manual process to uninstall CP so I can re-install CP?

Message 9 of 14
mkjr75
Aspirant

Any recommendations?  

Message 10 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you still have this problem?

Message 11 of 14
mkjr75
Aspirant

Technically, yes.

However I wound up figuring out how to simply delete the install directory and config file then manually installed the app via the OS.

Not exactly the solution I was looking for, but it works and I can now use CP again.

Message 12 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It seems multiple users having been having problems with Couchpotato even on 6.7 so it must be a different issue with that app.

Message 13 of 14
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I just recently had CouchPotato running, but I have since replaced it with Radarr which I'm liking more.  it's based on Sonarr, so if you like Sonarr, you'll like Radarr.  I finally got NZBGet, Sonarr, and Radarr, installed by SSH onto my ReadyNAS 516. They also all autostart on bootup of the NAS.  That was a pain and took me hours to figure out.  

I've been using Sonarr and NZBGet.  NZBGet I wanted to install by SSH so that I could auto update the app in the app.  Unlike the deb install I did of NZBGet 17.1 which I couldn't do that.  Installing by SSH is allowing that to work.   Since I had issues with upgreading PLEX and deleting other files on my NAS, I figured I had a new backup of all my Data, I'd just wipe all 13+ terabytes of Data and have my NAS back to stock.     

Once that was done, I started the process of copying my Data back on Yesterday from my first 8TB Backup HDD.  That finished today.   Then I worked on getting Plex installed and PlexPl.  Once those were were working and configed.  Some of my backup files for these programs worked like PLEX, everything else not so much, but I took pictures of all the settings in all of these programs just in case my backup settings didn't work.   

Then I went and got NZBGet running and autostarting.  I then did Radarr and Sonarr.  I had some minor issues withthe config files, and trying to start Sonarr up was insead causing Radarr to try and startup andit was alreayd running.  Plus getting things moved into my apps directory.  WinSCP is a great program to use.  Help move around directorys.  Creating files needed to auto start and setting the paremiters on them and so forth.  I also have been using SmarTTY to SSH into the NAS.   I'min no way a Debian Linux expert by a long shot.  Thank goodness for Google!!!  Finding what I needed all over.  You also need MONO for Sonarr and Radarr.  Installing sudo helps.  

I've been using CouchPotado for years.  There's stil a few things l do like about it.  Like showing me new movies now playing s it makes it simple to click on and have it grab later.   Radarr does has something simular in LISTS.  I havn't had a chance to really look into it.  I'll wait until my second 8TB HDD is finished installing my of my other content.  Looks like another 11 hours or so to finish.

It's all working.  The only thing I couldn't do is update to s newer version of MONO.  What got installed is 4.2.1.  I know there's a stable version of 5.0 out now.  Yet it installed 4.2.1.  Not sure why?  Is that a Debian thing?  In Sonarr is shows 4.2.1 and in Radar it shows 4.2.1 (Debian 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6).  Maybe it's better to stick with this older version?  

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements