× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DVBLink TV Server for NetGear NAS - looking for beta testers

dvblogic
Aspirant

DVBLink TV Server for NetGear NAS - looking for beta testers

Goodday everyone,

We have released for a public beta our DVBLink TV Server product for x86 NETGEAR NAS models. DVBLink turns ReadyNAS into a personal video recorder with support for satellite (DVB-S/S2), Cable (DVB-C and QAM) and terrestrial (DVB-T/T2 and ATSC) reception. You can record your favorite TV programs in original quality directly to ReadyNAS & distribute live & recorded TV throughout your house.

For this product we are looking for beta testers - especially for Ultra Plus and Pro ReadyNAS models. Everyone is welcome. Please let us know how the product works for you - either here or over at our forums.
The beta topic with download and configuration instructions can be found here:
http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22866

Thank you and merry Christmas and a happy New year to all of you!

DVBLogic development team
Message 1 of 7
Raihan
Aspirant

Re: DVBLink TV Server for NetGear NAS - looking for beta tes

I am wondering why you guys don't have a DVBLink Personal Video Recorder for sparc. Do you have any plan to release DVBlink for sparc?
Message 2 of 7
mfe_
Tutor

Yeah I appreciate an addon for ReadyNAS Duo (SPARC).
Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

An add-on for Sparc is highly unlikely. Sparc is EOL and might not be powerful enough for recording TV anyway even if the DVBLink TV Server could be ported to it.
Message 4 of 7
mfe_
Tutor

I think if the DVBLink isn't decoding the output of the DVBT Source and only forwards the stream to the Client, the NAS should have enough power for this.

But recording and compressing the DVBT Stream could be a problem. And saving the DVBT stream into a file will need a lot of space 😄
Message 5 of 7
dvblogic
Aspirant

Raihan wrote:
I am wondering why you guys don't have a DVBLink Personal Video Recorder for sparc. Do you have any plan to release DVBlink for sparc?

Just would like to confirm that currently there are no plans to port DVBLink to SPARC-based NETGEAR NAS models.
Message 6 of 7
jonjonoo
NETGEAR Expert

dvblogic wrote:

We have released for a public beta our DVBLink TV Server product for x86 NETGEAR NAS models. DVBLink turns ReadyNAS into a personal video recorder with support for satellite (DVB-S/S2), Cable (DVB-C and QAM) and terrestrial (DVB-T/T2 and ATSC) reception.

Hi dvblogic,
If you have a beta release for the new generation of ReadyNAS based on firmware 6.0 x86, i would be glad to test it.
I tried to install your version for Readynas firmware 4.0 but 6.0 accept only debian package.

Cheers,

Jon
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements