× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Detecting volumes and creating shares

dvblogic
Aspirant

Detecting volumes and creating shares

This might be a very basic question, but I cannot find this information anywhere.
We are porting our DVBLink software to ReadyNas v2 devices. This software records TV from DVB USB tuners. For recorded content we would like to create a share, so that media files can be accessed from outside.
However I cannot find anything on what would be the right way to create shares on readynas devices during the addon installation.
We need probably to detect the present volumes (is it always /c? can it be /d, /e etc.? which one of them would be good for a share creation?).
And what is the recommended way to create a share?

Thank you all in advance.
Message 1 of 7
btaroli
Prodigy

Re: Detecting volumes and creating shares

Any plans to support the larger community of INTEL-based ReadyNAS products? I would LOVE to try this products on my Pro 6 and perhaps dump Windows Media Center! 😄 In my case, I'd be looking to use PLEX as the viewer and content streamer, which I already leverage. I'm looking at DVBLink as a means of gathering programs from broadcast sources, esp ATSC and QAM. We already use network HDHomerun tuners with MediaCenter, but would plan to transition to using them with TVSource (running on ReadyNAS) instead. 🙂
Message 2 of 7
dvblogic
Aspirant

btaroli wrote:
Any plans to support the larger community of INTEL-based ReadyNAS products? I would LOVE to try this products on my Pro 6 and perhaps dump Windows Media Center! 😄 In my case, I'd be looking to use PLEX as the viewer and content streamer, which I already leverage. I'm looking at DVBLink as a means of gathering programs from broadcast sources, esp ATSC and QAM. We already use network HDHomerun tuners with MediaCenter, but would plan to transition to using them with TVSource (running on ReadyNAS) instead. 🙂

Yes, we have DVBLink running in ReadyNAS Ultra already in our test labs. So looking for beta somewhere end of this week.
If you happen to have a boxee, you can definitely dump MCE 🙂 We will be releasing new re-written boxee DVBLink client this week for beta as well.
Message 3 of 7
btaroli
Prodigy

Great news, thanks! No, no boxee or other STB here. In fact, now that PLEX has a TV-based application (for Samsung or one or two others), we would really have no need for an HTPC or any other STB for that matter. I'm VERY much looking forward to THAT.

Would we have to do anything special to sign up for beta or beta notification?
Message 4 of 7
dvblogic
Aspirant

btaroli wrote:
Great news, thanks! No, no boxee or other STB here. In fact, now that PLEX has a TV-based application (for Samsung or one or two others), we would really have no need for an HTPC or any other STB for that matter. I'm VERY much looking forward to THAT.

Would we have to do anything special to sign up for beta or beta notification?

The news about beta will be available via our Twitter/Facebook.
Message 5 of 7
dvblogic
Aspirant

The version of DVBLink TV Server for NetGear x86 based NAS models is released for public beta:
http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22866
Message 6 of 7
btaroli
Prodigy

Great news! Won't be able to try it until Wednesday, but looking forward to it!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements