× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Download manager

skarab2201
Tutor

Download manager

Hello evryone,

I'm searching for an add-on whose able to do direct download. I know that pyload exist but it's not compatible with os 6. Is there an other one ? Something like download station for Qnap or Synology ?

Tks

Message 1 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi skarab2201,

Below is a link for ReadyNAS Apps.

ReadyNAS Apps

If what you are looking for is not there then please try posting to our Idea Exchange for ReadyNAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
skarab2201
Tutor

Thanks for your anwser. I already searching on this page but I didn't find it so i post on exchange idea.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@skarab2201 wrote:

I already searching on this page but I didn't find it so i post on exchange idea.

Netgear clearly is tracking the exchange, and have implemented some of those ideas already.  So that's a good strategy (though nothing will happen for a while).

I voted for it btw, I think there are some core apps that Netgear should be providing instead of depending so much on third-party developers.

Message 4 of 8
skarab2201
Tutor

I'm totaly agree especially when we see concurence like Synology or Qnaq who propose some relativly good apps like Download station

Message 5 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi skarab2201,

Thank you for sharing your resolution and/or workaround. We appreciate your contribution to the community. 

Feel free to post any suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
MasterDiver69
Aspirant

This is extremely irritating and disappointing. I contacted NETGEAR support many times about this and they were clueless and unhelpful. 

The short answer is that I have found "NO" download manager that will work.

If someone is aware of a download manager, would you please post a solution?  Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MasterDiver69,

I apologize about this. Please bear in mind that these apps are not developed by NETGEAR. It is a 3rd party software and the support does not have visibility on it until its released.

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements