× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Fully commercial Netgear? archaic version of AddOns available

fryc88
Aspirant

Fully commercial Netgear? archaic version of AddOns available

Hi,

I've recently bought ReadyNas 102 after some time of using ReadyNas Duo V1.
As long as RN Duo V1 was very old product and addons could not be for free, but now, i've configured my new RN 102, tried to install some stuff like OwnCloud and tadam! OwnCloud is available in version 6, which is really archaic and i have problems even with sync android phones. Now you want me to pay for it (again, because i've already paid for it for RN Duo V1) on external page, because you (as Netgear company, or whoever is responsible for addons available 'official') are too lazy to recompile this stuff to latest version? You shouldnt even provide version 6 then, if you dont want to support it anyway.

Same thing about Printer Server. RN Duo V1 was very old, with poor CPU and SPARC architecture, but it supported my HP color laserjet 1025 plug&play. How about RN 102? Does not support officially. But wait! There is a clue - you can PAY for addon to use Print Server on it!

I dont think company like Netgear should do things like those...I dont even think anyone could explain me those problems, but hey, i've already paid for 102 and i have to live with that, as long as 102 will live with me, but next product decisively wont be a Netgear NAS product - even when at my work and home i use all hardware from Netgear 😉

Message 1 of 2
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Fully commercial Netgear? archaic version of AddOns available

Hello fryc88,

Welcome to the community!

Thank you trusting NETGEAR products. We also would like to apologize for the inconvenience you are getting about the add-ons. The link http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9  is you can get the official add-ons. These are from developers who submitted their app and registered it with NETGEAR. The add-on that you had to pay for must be from a developer who has not made it official add-on yet with NETGEAR.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements