× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Installed subsonic 6 but it won't autostart

djbii
Aspirant

Installed subsonic 6 but it won't autostart

Howdy,

I have a readynas 314 running firmware 6.5.1 (the latest) and I installed subsonic v 6 via the [upload] button on the [apps] tab on the admin page. I got the app from https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/Developer-request-SubSonic-6-0-package-for-ReadyN...

It works fine once its started but I have power timer set up to turn the NAS off each night and start up again each day.  When the NAS comes back up, whether automatically or if I restart it, all my other apps start okay but not this version of subsonic. If I check the apps tab its marked as [OFF]. I press the [ON] button and it starts fine after a couple of minutes. I'd like to have it start automatically like the other apps I have installed so I've been trying to work out how the app is started and stopped via the command line but I'm not getting far.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot my install and autostart of subsonic?

Message 1 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello djbii,

It may be best to check this with the developer, super_poussin.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
djbii
Aspirant

Thanks JennC, I'll give it a go 🙂
Message 3 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello djbii,

If the issue is resolved, click the "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received. Just post back or update this thread if the issue still persists or if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 11
djbii
Aspirant

I thought I had the answer but it turns out I didn't. There was no systemd service set up for it so I ran: systemctl enable application.service to enable the service. The service then auto started on boot and I was happy but then after a certain amount of time it shutdown again. It does this after every reboot. I have logs if anyone wants to look at them.
Message 5 of 11
djbii
Aspirant

the uipshot of this is that it appears in the subsonic_sh.log it appears that everything starts okay but then after some minutes, maybe even up to half an hour later, the database shuts down, eg : Shutting down database... Shutting down UPnP service... Shutting down UPnP service - Done! Shutting down database - Done!
Message 6 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello djbii,

You might want to update the FW to version 6.5.2 and see if there any difference. 

Regards,

Message 7 of 11
djbii
Aspirant

Thanks JennC. I updated to 6.5.2 and rebooted as requested.

The new version of subsonic 6 autostarted as expected but also as I've come to expect, after 15 miutes or so, it stopped again by itself.  I then went into the admin interface and manually pressed [On] and I expect that it will now stay on until the next reboot.

Message 8 of 11
Mhynlo
Luminary

Which version of subsonic are you running?

The solution refers to my solution, but super_poussin listed his app.

It has been a little bit since I looked at that package. Let me take a look into the package to see what could be happening.

I have not ran as much testing on it which is why I have not submitted it to Netgear's app site.

Message 9 of 11
djbii
Aspirant

I'm running the one supplied by super_poussin recently - v6.0 (build a7857c) – April 30, 2016.

As I mentioned somewhere before it starts automatically at boot but 15 mins later it stops and I have to start it from the admin web page.by pressing the [On] button..

Thanks for any help you can provide 🙂

Message 10 of 11
Mhynlo
Luminary

I looked into the issue for a little bit and did not have the same experience. How many music files do you have? (It might be related to the app and the load from the nas?)

Are there logs from the subsonic or systemd that could help show the different in the behavior during the boot up and the post-boot?  It is interesting that you are having an issue with the app running for longer than 15 minutes only at the boot time.

Your info helped me look at my apps since I typically do not reboot my box to see these type of issues. Thanks!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements