× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Installing SickRage

MaartenProvo
Aspirant

Installing SickRage

Hello

I'm trying to install SickRage using this guide: https://sickrage.tv/forums/forum/help-support/general-support/6013-sickrage-ubuntu-install-guide . It appears to be working, but stops as soon as I close the terminal window.

I've set the content of /etc/default/sickbeard to:

SB_USER=admin
SB_HOME=/data/SickRage-src/
SB_DATA=/data/SickRage-src/
SB_OPTS=–config=/data/SickRage-src/config.ini

However I'm getting an error launching the service:

update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
insserv: warning: script 'leafp2p' missing LSB tags and overrides

I tried google, but couldn't find any entries related to sickrage

Message 1 of 46
StephenB
Guru

What NAS and what firmware?

You might consider getting @WhoCares_ app at rnxtras.com.

Message 2 of 46
MaartenProvo
Aspirant

I have a ReadyNas 312 with firmware 6.4.2.

Message 3 of 46
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello MaartenProvo,

I've moved your post from Using your ReadyNAS board to Community Add-ons board. 

Like what Stephen said, it is best you contact the developer.

Regards,

Message 4 of 46
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Like what Stephen said, it is best you contact the developer.

Just to clarify - I'm suggesting that you just purchase his app, instead of working through the install issues on your own.

Message 5 of 46
walterjnr
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

What NAS and what firmware?

You might consider getting @WhoCares_ app at rnxtras.com.

Unfortunately this is no longer being updated. It seems as though the site has been abandoned. His package uses the old repo and as soon as you update it dies. 

Message 6 of 46
StephenB
Guru

@walterjnr wrote:

...It seems as though the site has been abandoned. 

Definitely not the case, he updated something else there earlier today. Did you post a request on the support page? Or PM him here?
Message 7 of 46
BasmaTaimour
Aspirant

it is normal. 

Message 8 of 46
walterjnr
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

@walterjnr wrote:

Definitely not the case, he updated something else there earlier today. Did you post a request on the support page? Or PM him here?

I haven't noticed any activity on his site or Facebook in quite some time. Questions have been left unanswered regarding broken addons so I assume it was abandoned now. My mistake if that's not the case. Anyway I've PM'd again so hopefully it can be updated and I can get back to using Sickrage.

On another note it's probably time for me to learn how to package my own addons. 

Message 9 of 46
Mhynlo
Luminary

I have been running my build of sickrage for a few weeks now. I am about to submit it to the app store:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/rn-sickrage/releases/tag/5.1.2

Message 10 of 46
walterjnr
Guide

@Mhynlo wrote:

I have been running my build of sickrage for a few weeks now. I am about to submit it to the app store:

Thanks so much. So far it looks impressive. Much more responsive than previous versions I've used, although I've only finished adding shows.  I'll let it run for a while and see how it goes. 

Message 11 of 46
walterjnr
Guide

@Mhynlo wrote:

After running this for a few days I'd have to say that people will be very happy to find it in the app store. It runs flawlessly and uses very little resources. Thanks again and a great job. If there was a clapping emoticon I'd use it now. 

Message 12 of 46
Bogus
Tutor

How did you guys configure Sickrage in combination with a downloader like Transmission?

I mean, I used to move the files downloaded by Transmission on my old QNAP, where all files were in the same share.

Recently I had to move files restored from my QNAP to another share and it took quite a while, nothing like a simple move...

Can you shed some light on this?

Cheers,

Eddie

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay
Message 13 of 46
walterjnr
Guide

@Bogus wrote:

How did you guys configure Sickrage in combination with a downloader like Transmission?

I mean, I used to move the files downloaded by Transmission on my old QNAP, where all files were in the same share.

Recently I had to move files restored from my QNAP to another share and it took quite a while, nothing like a simple move...

Can you shed some light on this?

Cheers,

Eddie

Isn't that all taken care of via the post-processing function?

Message 14 of 46
Bogus
Tutor

Transmission is by default installed in it's own share and downloads too in that share. When Sickrage tries to move the file from the Transmission share to the movie share, I receive an error that the file cannot be moved, because the file is locked.
Message 15 of 46
walterjnr
Guide

@Bogus wrote:
Transmission is by default installed in it's own share and downloads too in that share. When Sickrage tries to move the file from the Transmission share to the movie share, I receive an error that the file cannot be moved, because the file is locked.

That is most likely because the file is still seeding when it is being moved. 

Message 16 of 46
Bogus
Tutor

No, I wish it was that simple. I checked that and made sure the torrent wasn't seeding anymore. Even manual post processing gave the same error. It can copy but not move.
Message 17 of 46
Reaves
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@walterjnr wrote:

I purchased RNXTRAS version last year but it seems to be abandoned. It no longer updates and has a few issues. Questions about updating are sadly unanswered.

Message 18 of 46
Reaves
Aspirant

@Bogus wrote:
No, I wish it was that simple. I checked that and made sure the torrent wasn't seeding anymore. Even manual post processing gave the same error. It can copy but not move.

Thanks for making the package. I'll try it out.

For transmission issues I've had that before. Are both sickrage and transmission installed on the data volume?

You could try changing the folder permissions using something like FILEZILLA.

Message 19 of 46
walterjnr
Guide

@Reaves wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@walterjnr wrote:

I purchased RNXTRAS version last year but it seems to be abandoned. It no longer updates and has a few issues. Questions about updating are sadly unanswered.

I had the same issue. No response to any messages, on his site or on this forum, and no updates. Luckily there is a package on the previous page in this thread that works (at least for me) very well. 

Message 20 of 46
x219c
Luminary

I've always had transmission download to a different folder inside my media share. Not the transmission share. Then sickbeard watches there. Once it finishes downloading, it can move the files around because they're not going across shares.
Message 21 of 46
Bogus
Tutor

Yes, that works indeed. Thanks!

Message 22 of 46
Mhynlo
Luminary

This package is now available on the app site:

http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9

Message 23 of 46
x219c
Luminary

Mhynlo,

I am getting an error when trying to restart sickrage. It is saying: "Empty resource error: bad MNL call." This is only happening after shutting down sickrage, then attempting to restart from frontview. I had previously thought it had to do with a hard shutdown, but after getting the app reinstalled... It worked until I shut down, now I'm getting that error.

Do you know what it might be?

Up until this point everything's been working great, and I thank you for putting this together!

Message 24 of 46
Mhynlo
Luminary

I have seen this issue on by box.

I need to spend sometime to see where the root of the issue is appening.

I was seeing when I restart (or update) the SickRage service in the UI; the service does not inform systemd that the service restarts, so I need to see where the disconnect is.

Are you not able to turn on the app at this time?

Message 25 of 46
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements