× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Light weight web-based monitoring tool

sander11
Aspirant

Light weight web-based monitoring tool

Can anyone suggest a good light weight monitoring solution for keeping an eye on the load and temperature of the readynas. I'm trying to build a small home lab using virtualbox and I just want something I can check up on from time to time to see if I'm pushing the loads too far on the my Pioneer Pro.

I thought I had the ultimate solution in observium, but sadly it can't read temperature or cpu load and its coded in such a way that it can't install mibs. Otherwise it is pretty awesome.

I looked at the nasmon plugin, but I don't think it does temperature/fan speed which is one of the things I'd like to track.

TIA
Message 1 of 4
xeltros
Apprentice

Re: Light weight web-based monitoring tool

Is there Cacti in the app downloader ? if so you can try.
Otherwise I believe Shinken can handle the job (in fact it should be able to monitor pretty much anything with a proper setup but that's not the simplest one to configure).
Message 2 of 4
sorenfriis
Aspirant

A lot of of information is being exposed over SNMP, if you enable it (I don't remember if it requires an addon to enable).
The ReadyNAS SNMP MIB is available for download at the readynas website.

So you might be able to find a good SNMP tool which can monitor the OID's you need.
Message 3 of 4
sander11
Aspirant

I installed the snmp add-on to enable snmp I'll see if I can query it against the mind to see if the pioneer add-on doesn't use the full snmp that the business version presents.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements