× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Logitech Media Server by Super-Poisson not compatible with 6.6.0

colinm
Aspirant

Re: Logitech Media Server by Super-Poisson not compatible with 6.6.0

Doh! Thanks Rik, problem solved! 🙂

Message 126 of 212
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi colinm,

Thank you for the feedback.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 127 of 212
pscotty
Aspirant

Hello all

Can I ask advice on updating NAS software. I’ve read this thread, and I’m afraid most of it goes way above my head!

I’ve got my music on a ReadyNas 102, from where it’s sent to my stereo using Logitech Media Server 7.7.3 on various Windows 10 computers. I got this working a couple of years ago, since when I’ve not touched it!

The ReadyNas is now saying there’s a firmware update from  6.5.1. to 6.6.0. Will this break my LMS, or am I safe to install it?

Thanks

Message 128 of 212
HWStigter
Apprentice

It will break your current installation if you update to 6.6.0. But if you follow the instructions above you will get a perfectly running LMS,

I would advise to either do that or wait for Nastools to come up with a new 'all in one' package.

Rik

Message 129 of 212
pscotty
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice Rik

Given my lack of understanding of the subject, I shall wait!

Message 130 of 212
potsso
Aspirant

Hi guys. 

I mannaged to follow most of this and i now have LMS running and in my apps list on readynas 102. Problem is when i try to launch the app i keep getting ERR CONNECTION FAILED on the tab it opens up. 

Anyone else had this? Any idea how i can connect. 

Thank you. 

Stewart. 

Message 131 of 212
ottovonkopp
Apprentice

@potsso wrote:

Hi guys. 

I mannaged to follow most of this and i now have LMS running and in my apps list on readynas 102. Problem is when i try to launch the app i keep getting ERR CONNECTION FAILED on the tab it opens up. 

Anyone else had this? Any idea how i can connect. 

Thank you. 

Stewart. 

Did you use the latest nighly from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9?

Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC) is the one you should use.

Message 132 of 212
potsso
Aspirant

Thanks for this. i'll try that tonight when i get home from work. Although i'm pretty sure it was this i installed. may have been an earlier version however.

I also installed, lms_1.09_all.deb After the nightly. 

Thanks again for your help.

Message 133 of 212
potsso
Aspirant

I got it working last night after work. must have used an older nightly build. 

Thank you all for the help. 

Stewart. 

Message 134 of 212
RobertTrop
Aspirant

Hi

I am new to the community, and has been tring to follow this thread.

I have a Ready NAS 202, running LMS smoothly. But yesterday I upgraded to 6.6.0 and is stopped to work.

I removed the LMS app, and then it disappeared from the available apps list 😞

I understand from this thread that I should install http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/43a5d7e/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-1477086729-arm-rea... instead.

But also the lms_1.09_all.deb, is that correct ? And where do I get the lms_1.09_all.deb ?

Message 135 of 212
ottovonkopp
Apprentice

@RobertTrop wrote:

Hi

I am new to the community, and has been tring to follow this thread.

I have a Ready NAS 202, running LMS smoothly. But yesterday I upgraded to 6.6.0 and is stopped to work.

I removed the LMS app, and then it disappeared from the available apps list 😞

I understand from this thread that I should install http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/43a5d7e/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-1477086729-arm-rea... instead.

But also the lms_1.09_all.deb, is that correct ? And where do I get the lms_1.09_all.deb ?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wut72ias/AAD7m3bog1eEsmoJAC5Js4GLa/Logitech%20Media%20server/7.8.0...

Message 136 of 212
RobertTrop
Aspirant

Thank you so much. It worked for me, now my LMS is working again 🙂

Message 137 of 212
ABNL
Guide

Unfortunately, after reinstalling LMS on my netgear NAS, I can't install the Qobuz plugin anymore. After selecting the plugin, LMS asks to be rebooted, but after pressing F5, or rebooting the NAS, the Qobuz plugin don't show up at installed plugins. I tried this several times, also with rebooting the SQBT itself, or turning the LMS off at the NAS admin page.. Who knows what to do?

Message 138 of 212
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ABNL,

Thanks for updating us. Lets wait for someone to help you from the community.

Regards,

Message 139 of 212
HWStigter
Apprentice

@ABNL

Perhaps the developer (Pierre Poulpe) of the plugin might know what to do. He can be found through http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97146-Qobuz-com-streaming-plugin (and http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?58007-pierrepoulpe)

I hope this helps!

Rik

Message 140 of 212
ABNL
Guide

Thank you for the advise. I will ask my question to him, also. 

Nervertheless, this is a problem only on LMS on Netgear.

My LMS on my computer has no problem with rebooting after installing the plugin. I think it has still something to do with the LMS being forced on the NAS. I wonder if other people can install 3thrdparty plugins on their LMS thats running on the NAS?

Message 141 of 212
HWStigter
Apprentice

@ABNL

Well, here is what I did: I Installed the Qobuz plug-in myself (and felt braveMan Happy) on my LMS on a RN104, it being the latest nightly of 17-11-2016. And it works.

I cannot test it's functionality of course, niot having a Qobuz-account, but it runs  and asks me to put the account info in settings.

One funny thing though. Now I don't see the Qobuz plug-in in the settings page of LMS. So now I cannot switch it off.

Ah, my bad, it moved up in the list to the loaded plug-ins of course!

Rik

Message 142 of 212
ABNL
Guide

Thx for your input. Do you have a link to where I can learn how to install Qobuz manually on LMS?

Message 143 of 212
HWStigter
Apprentice

@ABNL

According to http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97146-Qobuz-com-streaming-plugin there is no need for a manual install. I didn't do one myself, just installed it from within LMS

Hope this helps,

Rik

Message 144 of 212
ABNL
Guide

Thx, but that's what I tried, and that's not working on my LMS on Netgear. It works well with LMS installed on my computer.

Message 145 of 212
ABNL
Guide

This is confusing:

ottovonkopp  wrote:

Did you use the latest nighly from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9?

Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC) is the one you should use.

HWStigter  wrote:

logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1477086729_arm.deb) and then install the supper_poussin app (lms_1.09_all.deb)

Which one should I use with my RN 102?

BTW: I tried both and both won't restart after selecting the plugin.

Message 146 of 212
HWStigter
Apprentice

@ABNL

It might help if you tell us little bit more about your setup. So which firmware, which version of LMS, which version of Poussin's plug-in, etc.

I understand the confusion about he nightly's but the version ottovonkopp mentioned is the version for all platforms (ARM, x86, etc., etc.) whereas the version I recommended (and which has been superseded by a new one on 17-11, to be found in the 'nightly' directory ottovonkopp mentioned) is the one for ARM-platforms only, which is the one you need since a RN102 has an ARM CPU.

I just wanted to minimize your download, so to speak. Smiley Happy

Sincerely,

Rik

Message 147 of 212
HWStigter
Apprentice

@ABNL

One more thing that comes to mind: Since you tried both it would appear that something else is wrong. Did you de-install everything before you installed the 'latest' versions? And did you install the nightly first (i.e. before Poussin's) as per insruction? And last (but not least) did you try a reboot?

If that is all the case I'd suggest you look for support from Netgear, because on my similar (RN104) system it works like a flaw.

Sincerely,

Rik

Message 148 of 212
ABNL
Guide

@HWStigter really appreciate your help 🙂

I have removed LMS at the NAS admin APPS page, rebooted the NAS and installed a new .deb. When the admin page displayed that LMS was installed, I installed the Poussins' plugin. Without reboot in between. After selecting the desired plugin, LMS won't reboot. It works perfectly on my computer, but not on my NAS.

This is some information:

Firmware NAS: 6.6.0

Logitech Media Server Versie: 7.9.0 - 1479666929 @ Sun Nov 20 21:02:08 UTC 2016
HTTP-poortnummer van server: 9000
Besturingssysteem: Debian - NL - utf8
Platformarchitectuur: armv7l-linux
Perl-versie: 5.20.2 - arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi-64int
Audio:: Scan: 0.95
Databaseversie: DBD:: SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Totaalaantal herkende muzieksystemen: 1
Message 149 of 212
HWStigter
Apprentice

@ABNL

Pleased to hear that.

What your system config concerns: that is exactly the same config as mine with the only exception being that you've got a RN102 and I have a RN104 (the 4-bay variant). So I'm afraid I can't help you any further with this.

You might try to re-install everything (even go as far as a factory default) but that is entirely up to you. Maybe a support call to Netgear is the best way to go forward, but of course I'm not aware whether your system is in it's warranty period.

Good luck!

Rik

Message 150 of 212
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements