× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Music streaming - Subsonic

Equilibria
Tutor

Music streaming - Subsonic

Hi,

My subsonic has stopped working. I used an old version of subsonic 4.6. Since it is already a very old version I want to upgrade it. I encountered a lot of problems without various different new versions, i.e. 4.9/5.1/5.3. I get messages like no suitable for this architecture or checksum failure when installing.

I want to use music streaming again. Anybody who can help me what to do?

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Eelco de Vries

Model: ReadyNASRNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Music streaming - Subsonic

Hi Equilibria,

Have you tried the final 4.7 build? Check the add-on here and give us your feedback. Let's also include @super_poussin for some advice.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

5.1 is available in @super_poussin's drop box here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/Addons-available-For-R6/td-p/842756

If you are running 4.2.x firmware look in the x86-4.2 folder.

Message 3 of 8
Equilibria
Tutor

Thank you for your replies,

I installed 4.9 but the every day at exactly 06:25 the database was shutdown.

I could not find the solution within the log.

So I installed 5.1 from super-poussin's dropbox. Now the log mentions that java command was not found.

I see jre1.6.0_20 in the subsonic folder.

Any idea?

Kind Regards,

Eelco de Vries

Message 4 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You probably need to install Java on the system (e.g. the one supplied in the subsonic folder) as well.

Message 5 of 8
Equilibria
Tutor

Java has been installed. The Subsonic webpage is starting up again. But Subsonic 5.1 keeps shutting down the database at exactly 06:25 every morning.

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Equilibria wrote:

Java has been installed. The Subsonic webpage is starting up again. But Subsonic 5.1 keeps shutting down the database at exactly 06:25 every morning.

Did you try posting in the subsonic forum? ( http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/index.php )

Message 7 of 8
Deal
Tutor

I have the same problem, though I can't confirm the exact time that subsonic shutsdown each day. This makes it useless when I'm away from home :(. The older version (I think it was 4.7?) never had that issue, but when I updated to either 4.9 or 5.1 the service just wont stay up longer than a day.

Has no one else experienced this and found a work-around or resolution?

TIA

David

PS: I'm not sure that the Subsonic forum would be the place to resolve this as I'm running super_poisson's version of it customized for ReadyNAS, but I really don't know. I don't know linux or I would poke around a bit.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements