× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NZBGet 17.1-1 App build available (Work In Progress)

Mhynlo
Luminary

NZBGet 17.1-1 App build available (Work In Progress)

I didn't want to take the tread from the manual install guide. There is good info in there and might have questions related to it.

There were some issues that were reported with the inital 17.1-0 build. The reported bugs were resolved and made some package enhancements to help with unpackaging rar and 7zip files:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/nzbget/releases/tag/17.1-1

I have double checked the NZBGet settings, started, stop, restart and removal of the app. All seems to work well from the ReadyNAS app side.

The download is flagged as a Pre-release till there is more feedback.

Message 1 of 28
jhagg
Luminary

Re: NZBGet 17.1-1 App build available (Work In Progress)

Very nice!  We were all waiting for your package really, I just got impatient is why I brought the manual install guide to light.

Does your package use the official repo and will updates work within the app?

Looking forward to this being a final 🙂

Would also love to see this uploaded to Netgear so it is available in the apps section for new users/buyers of ReadyNAS.  The app section there is sorely lacking.

Message 2 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

Looks great so far.  Can you build it with OpenSSL?

See this link:

http://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1183

Message 3 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

Another issue I noticed.

Click to update Nzbget from settings:

Currently installed: 17.1

Check failed. Please try again later.

Message 4 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

I came out with one more package and I think I will send this to Netgear next week:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/nzbget/releases/tag/17.1-2

There is an update to the Debian package to make sure that it does not overwrite the NZBGet configuration file. That should help the users that are using NZBGet and want to update; they should not have to reconfigure everything again.

@jhagg wrote:

Does your package use the official repo and will updates work within the app?

Most of the package that I pulled together from various parts.

1) The main NZBGet repo was forked and I am managing the ReadyNAS packaging in a different branch. I don't touch the code, but this for will make it easy to update my repo when the time comes.

2) Since ReadyNAS is based on debian and debian packages; I pulled a bit of the debian repo's packages for the build process. (I am still learning and different tools to make packages easier.)

@bobaloca wrote:

Can you build it with OpenSSL?

The current implementation was mentioned from the NZBGet guide:

https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/wiki/NZBGet-behind-other-web-server

The configuration is set to allow https connections since it is an apache proxy connection.

@bobaloca wrote:

Check failed. Please try again later.

I have seen this issue, but it seems like something that is closer to the NZBGet side.

I filed an issue in my repo for better tracking so I can see if there is something in the config that I am missing, or if there is something more genaric.

https://github.com/Mhynlo/nzbget/issues/3

Message 5 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

@Mhynlo wrote:

I came out with one more package and I think I will send this to Netgear next week:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/nzbget/releases/tag/17.1-2

There is an update to the Debian package to make sure that it does not overwrite the NZBGet configuration file. That should help the users that are using NZBGet and want to update; they should not have to reconfigure everything again.

Unfortunately, I'm having to reconfigure.  No big deal though -- appreciate your work here!

@bobaloca wrote:

Can you build it with OpenSSL?

The current implementation was mentioned from the NZBGet guide:

https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/wiki/NZBGet-behind-other-web-server

The configuration is set to allow https connections since it is an apache proxy connection.

The reason I was hoping for this was because I wanted to connect to my newsserver securely.  (Basically, set the servers.encryption to Yes under News-Servers)

Thansk for your work on this!

Message 6 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

p.s. 

Under "Extension Scripts" there appear to be a bunch of duplicate settings that are already in "Categories".  This causes the .conf file to have duplicate entries and an error to be thrown in the log.

Message 7 of 28
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I installed 17.1.1 and was getting the error 'TLS handshake failed: Error in the system's randomness device.' when testing my news server.

Then I tried 17.1.2 and I'm still having the same problem.

Message 8 of 28
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

This is exacly the issue I'm having.  Getting the error "TLS handshake failed: Error in the system's randomness device."   When I go back to port 119 and turn off encription then it connects to the news server.  But When I'm on port 563 with Encription turned on, I get this error.  It worked just fine on a older version of NGBGet I had been using and looks like I'll have to go back to it.  So I hope this bug can be fixed.

Also loading in the config file from the older version will cause problems with this new version, so it looks like I'll have to do everything manually.  Until this issue it fixed, I have to go back to the old version where Encription works problem free.

Message 9 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

I looked into the TLS issue and it was dirrectly tied to the OpenSSL bit. There were some other areas that needed the OpenSSL support (Update Check).

https://github.com/Mhynlo/nzbget/releases/tag/v17.1-4

It looks like I might need to look into newgroups to better test this myself for future releases.

Message 10 of 28
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I'm going to give this new update a try and see how it goes.

Message 11 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

This build resolves my SSL issues.

I still need to reapply settings, as they appear to get overwritten with this package.

Also, I am still having the issue where "Extension Scripts" has duplicate entries for Category2, etc.  The best way to resolve this is to get all my settings in good shape, then shutdown nzbget and manually removing the excess entires from nzbget.conf.

Message 12 of 28
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Yes, my SSL problems are now fixed.  I'm not sure on downloading content yet.  Using Sonarr, it tried getting a program, but then I get the little Red Cloud and I have no luck with trying to download it again.  It just does the same thing over and over. In the NZBGet Historym it shows the program status are COPY, but it didn't copy anything over to where it needs to be.  I had these same issues are times with older versions of NZBGet also.   I won't really know how things go until Sunday where there's 7 programs to grab.  It's the biggest day of the week curantly.  I'll know if it's working all right if it grabs everything then.

I did have to manaully enter everything in again.  So I took pictures of my settings and then installed 17.1.4

Message 13 of 28
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I'm noticing that when my NAS shuts down at night, then boots up in the morning, that NZBGet is not in Pause mode. With the round circle on the top left Orange (Paused Mode) from the normal Green (Download Active Mode) So it just sits there and doesn't download anything until I log in and click on it. I'm not sure why this is. I haven't found a setting for that yet. It also doesn't seem to download anything. Well it's downloading the programs, does a check, and in the end fails. Every single show. Something is clearly wrong as everything is failing. I had to turn it off and go back to the version 16.4 I have been using. I just made the switch now as this 17.1.4 version is failing every download it gets. Ummm, now 16.4 version is doing the same. Something strange is going on. Maybe I should do a reboot of the NAS!?!?!

Message 14 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

I have not been able to reproduce the NZBGet starting in Pause mode. I have tried starting/restarting the service and rebooting the NAS, but it appears to start in a normal/active mode. I saw there is a configuration setting to set schedule tasks to pause the downloads at certain times of the day. Did you have any of those settings configured?

On the part that is failing at the end; do you happen to know what part it is failing at specifically? Is it the verification or unpacking that is failing?

I added `unrar-free` and `p7zip` packages in the debian package install in hopes that it made unpacking easier with app install.

Did you try the reboot to see if the behavior changed?

Message 15 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

Just to chime in here -- Apprecaite Mhynlo's work here.

Everything for me is working great, with the exception of the duplicate nzbget.conf value I described in the post above.

I resolved it following this thread:

http://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1132&start=10

Basically, I took the default nzbget.conf from Mhynlo's git repository and saved it as nzbget.conf.template.

Then, I pointed my configuration to nzbget.conf.template for ConfigTemplate settings.

I did have to stop, delete duplicate entries in nzbget.conf, and restart nzbget one time, but it looks like the duplicates being appended have stopped.

Message 16 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

@bobaloca, I saw that issue too. It is odd since it does not happen on initial install, but some step in modifying config, restarting or something.

I was going to run a step by step test to see where it happens specifically and report that issue to nzbget to see what could be causing the issue (if it is not with the package itself).

Thanks for everyones feedback! It has been helping alot to work out these bugs.

Message 17 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

@Mhynlo Sorry if I wasn't clear.  It looks like by default, the ConfigTemplate is set to /app/rn_nzbget/nzbget.conf.  This is also the LIVE conf file.  Documentation suggests that we should be referring to an example nzbget.conf file.  Hence, my creation of nzbget.conf.template to give a placeholder to look at.

Message 18 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

That ConfigTemplate would make sense for some of the behavior. I will make a fix and post the 17.1-5 with the config template fix.

Message 19 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

(Not able to edit my post....)

Here is the 17.1-5 build:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/nzbget/releases/tag/v17.1-5

(It has the template file and corrected the config to point to the template file.)

Message 20 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

New version looks good to me, but I did have to restore my old settings from a backup.

Message 21 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

The debian file in the package we mis-spelt. I thought it was called "config" but it is "conffiles".

It should no longer overwrite your config with that change. That change will come in the next build 17.1-6.

Message 22 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

Here is the latest with the package updated to not overwrite config files:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/nzbget/releases/tag/v17.1-6

I went ahead and submitted it to Netgear. I hope they post it to the store for more to use. 🙂

Message 23 of 28
bobaloca
Guide

Strangely, this still overwrote my config.  Easy to backup and restore, so no big deal.

Message 24 of 28
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

So I'm once again trying this verson of NZBGet 17.1.6 and I'm not having any luck.  Yes it's running, but every file it gets and downloads results in a FAILURE and hidden, and it trys another and the same thing over and over for differnt files.   Doesn't matter the content.  These files would download no problem with 16.4 version I have.   I don't get it and I can't figure out why it's doing it yet!

Message 25 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements